College of William and Mary--Alumni and alumnae
Found in 246 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains material produced during the 2017-2018 academic year, which celebrated and commemorated 50 years of African American students in residence at William & Mary. Included are printed material and artifacts, the event's website, as well as email correspondence between committee members and digital files sent as email attachments. Digital material requires at least 72 hours advanced notice for access.
This collection consists of a college paper for Virginia History on "The Presidents of William & Mary" and a travel brochure for which Miss Cornelia Storrs Adair was the leader.
The records of the Alumni Association of the College of William and Mary include office files, material from select Executive Secretaries, meeting minutes, publications, correspondence, and other material documenting the activities of the William & Mary Alumni Association as well as the College of William & Mary's history and alumni more generally.
Contains scrolls signed by alumni during Homecoming in 2014 and 2016 at events held in the Blue Room of the Wren Building. The idea for the scrolls was initiated by Kevin Dua, the 2009 senior class president, after being inspired by the similar practice of signing scrolls during the Charter Day ceremony.
A scrapbook of photographs taken by Ellen K. Rudolph at the Alumni Leadership Assembly on September 5-6, 1997. The assembly was hosted by the Society of the Alumni, now the Alumni Association. The photographs show both attendees and speakers during the event.
This is an official naval record of Rear Admiral Alvin Duke Chandler. Two hole punches are in the top of each page conforming to the manner in which a Naval Officer's Record is maintained.
This letter was written to John R. Armistead, while a student at the College of William and Mary, by his uncle, M. A. Armistead. It is dated December 22, 1834. It authorizes John Armistead "boarding out of college, providing it meets the regulations of the institution."
Letter dated June 11, 1840 and written by William & Mary student, B. T. Owen, to Sally Atkinson of Parham's Store, Virginia. It is essentially a love letter to Sally, assuring her he will address her as soon as he leave Williamsburg at end of term.
This collections consists of an essay by James Henry Bailey II titled "Peter Francisco: Washington's One-Man Regiment." A note handwrittien on the title page states: "This essay won the Cincinnati Prize in 1939."
This collection consists of one form, completed by Solon Lee Baird on April 15, 1905, reporting how he fulfilled a pledge to the State Male Normal College and William & Mary to teach. He served as Principal of a Virginia school.
Pledges such as this were required of Virginia students who received financial assistance to attend State colleges like William & Mary , with the understanding they would teach in Virginia upon graduation.
Letter from P[hilip] P[endleton] Barbour to J.C. (John C.) Calhoun and Samuel L. Southard, Washington, [D.C.] recommending William H. Brown for a position as a midshipman or cadet's warrant. September 29, 1823.
Contains concert programs and postcards from performances with music written by composer Greg Bartholomew, class of 1979, from all across the United States and Canada.
Copy of a term paper written by Walter Randolph Beales III and titled "Mr. Munford of Mecklenburg: The Political Biography of a Colonial Virginia Burgess." The paper was written for Professor Thaddeus Tate's History 403 course in January 1965.
This collection consists of newspaper clippings about William and Mary (1955); correspondence about the physical plant (1951); an Alumni Society address (1893); and reports and booklets.
Certificates, newspaper articles, programs, and pamphlets regarding Benjamin (Benny) Zhang's position on Williamsburg's City Council, July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2020. Included in the collection are official and personal congratulation letters to Benjamin Zhang regarding his election to Williamsburg City Council in 2016, Baptism/ Confirmation of faith at Bruton Parish Church, and certificates from William & Mary. Zhang is a 2016 graduate of William & Mary.
Report of Benjamin Henry Bascom Hubbard's scholarship and conduct while a student at William & Mary for the period ending in December 1860. There are remarks and signatures from Edward S. Joynes regarding Greek, Robert J. Morrison regarding Moral Philosophy and Political Economy, and Charles Morris regarding Constitutional Law. The form is also signed by Thomas McCandlish, Secretary of the Faculty.
- College of William and Mary--Students 124
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 70
- Correspondence 63
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 52
- Photographs 41
- Scrapbooks 22
- College of William and Mary--Students--Social life and customs 18
- Financial records 17
- Legal documents 15
- Manuscripts (document genre) 15
- Academic writing 14
- Certificates 14
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century 13
- Programs 12
- United States--Politics and Government 12
- Women college students 12
- Notebooks 11
- Clippings (information artifacts) 10
- Diaries 9
- Publications 9
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--19th century 9
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 8
- Agendas (administrative records) 7
- College of William and Mary--History--18th century 7
- Genealogy 7
- Letters (correspondence) 7
- Negatives 7
- Receipts (financial records) 7
- Reports 7
- Virginia--Governors 7
- Account books 6
- College of William and Mary--Faculty and Staff 6
- Homecoming 6
- Minutes 6
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 6
- Virginia--Genealogy 6
- Course work 5
- Fliers (printed matter) 5
- Slides (photographs) 5
- Speeches 5
- Virginia--Politics and Government 5
- Women--Education (Higher)--United States 5
- World War, 1939-1945 5
- Artifacts 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Poems 4
- Technical reports 4
- United States--Lawyers 4
- Universities and Colleges--Virginia--Faculty 4
- Video recordings 4
- Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- Women--Virginia--Social life and customs 4
- College of William and Mary--Commencement 3
- College of William and Mary--History--21st century 3
- Curriculum 3
- Diplomas 3
- Education, Higher--Virginia--History 3
- Fundraising campaigns 3
- Newsletters 3
- Newspapers 3
- Plays (document genre) 3
- Printed ephemera 3
- Rosters 3
- Scripts (documents) 3
- Segregation in education--Virginia 3
- Slavery--Virginia--19th century 3
- Sound Recordings 3
- Student housing 3
- Textbooks 3
- Transcripts 3
- Typescripts 3
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 3
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Photographs 3
- Women--Education--Virginia 3
- World War, 1914-1918 3
- American poetry--20th century 2
- Appointments (military records) 2
- Athletics 2
- Authors, American--20th century 2
- Booklets 2
- Buildings and Grounds 2
- Coeducation--United States--History--20th century 2
- Coeducation--Virginia 2
- College of William and Mary--History--17th century 2
- Colonial Williamsburg Foundation--History 2
- Debates and debating--Virginia--History--19th century 2
- Education--Virginia--History--19th century 2
- Education--Virginia--History--20th century 2
- Elections--Virginia 2
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered Students and Alumni 2
- Gloucester County (Va.)--History 2
- Jamestown (Va.)--History 2
- Jamestown (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Lapel Pins 2
- Lecture notes 2
- Literature--Societies, etc 2
- Maps 2
- Marine biologists 2
- Newport News (Va.)--History 2 + ∧ less