College of William and Mary.
Found in 125 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes bylaws and constitution, minutes, financial records, clippings, correspondence, and other material related to the College Women's Club, a faculty organization at the College of William and Mary.
Report by the College of William and Mary detailing its plan and actions to date in response to the Report of the Commission on the University of the 21st Century.
This collection contains eight notebooks of meeting minutes from the Committee on Degrees.
This collection contains papers documenting the work of the Computer Center and includes some organizational charts, files of the Committee on College Computing Needs, reports prepared by the Computer Center for outside groups, and the ADP Production Control Group report for 1975-1976.
This collection includes material from the Concert Series 1942-present. The name changed to Lively Arts in 2005. The collection also includes material from the Sunday Series, Symphony Sampler, as well as dance and play productions. Formats in the series include announcements and playbills.
The collection contains the scholarship and attendance report for E. M. Terry. It provides his class grade (ex. fair, good) for different classes as well as a remark by and signature of faculty member Charles Edward Bishop.
This collection consists of one form, completed by Edgar M. Terrell, reporting how he fulfilled his pledge to the State Male Normal College and William & Mary to teach.
Pledges such as this were required of Virginia students who attended William and Mary receiving financial assistance with the understanding they would teach in Virginia upon graduation.
This collection contains subject files, publications, reports, and other material related to the School of Education at the College of William and Mary. The collection includes correspondence from the Dean's Office, photographs of special events, committee reports, and records of the Historic Triangle Substance Abuse Coalition (HTSAC).
Grade and attendance report for Eugene Ernest McCutchan for the period ending in June 1894 at the State Male Normal College of Virginia and William & Mary. Includes his evaluations in English, History, Mathematics, French, and Logic.
This collection includes two items. One is Hall's degree essay about John Marshall (1903). The other is his pledge to teach fulfillment form, dated April 24, 1905, reporting how he fulfilled his pledge to the State Male Normal College of Virginia and William & Mary to teach. Pledges such as this were required of Virginia students who attended William and Mary receiving financial assistance with the understanding they would teach in Virginia upon graduation.
Excerpt of the Official Congressional Record containing Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy's Remarks Congratulating William & Mary on its 325th Birthday
William & Mary alumna, Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy '00 of Florida, made remarks on the official Congressional Record (115th Congress, First Session), recognizing W&M's 325th Birthday. The date is mistaken listed as February 7, 2017, when it was in 2018. The document is the excerpt from the record of her remarks.
The collection includes a number of accessions and groups of records directly from the Office of Facilities Management including publications, administrative records, blueprints, and other documents as well as blueprints and other architectural drawings that come under the administrative responsibility of the office, but may have been transferred from miscellaneous sources.
This collection contains fliers advertising foreign films being shown at the William & Mary.
The collection includes meeting agenda and minutes, fliers, and related material of The Forum, the organization formerly known as the Black Faculty and Staff Forum at the College of William and Mary.
William & Mary diploma presented to Francis Macauley on July 4, 1811. The diploma is written in Latin on vellum, which is adhered to a linen backing. The diploma is signed by William & Mary President Bishop James Madison and faculty members John Bracken, William Nelson, George Blackburn.
The original wax seal is still affixed to the ribbon, though this particular part has separated from the diploma.
A pen and ink cartoon drawing (9 1/2" x 14") depicting G. Gregg's impressions of a visit to the College in 1941. Also includes two black and white glossy reproductions of the cartoon ( 4 1/2" x 7" and 2 3/4" x 3 3/4").
The University Archives Greetings File Collection includes greetings sent by the College of William and Mary to other institutions as well as those received by the College.
A card catalog located in the SCRC indexes the items available in this collection. The card catalog was maintained and added to through January 2007. All items added to the collection in 2007 and forward are inventoried in this finding aid.
- Collection 124
- Archival Record 1
- College of William and Mary--Students 30
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 27
- Correspondence 27
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 21
- Reports 15
- Fliers (printed matter) 12
- Minutes 12
- Photographs 11
- College of William and Mary--History--18th century 10
- Scrapbooks 8
- Booklets 7
- Charter Day 7
- Invitations 7
- Memorandums 7
- Pamphlets 7
- Programs 7
- Announcements 5
- College of William and Mary Anniversaries, etc 5
- Newsletters 5
- Notebooks 5
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century 5
- College of William and Mary--History--21st century 4
- Financial records 4
- Graduation (School) 4
- Newspapers 4
- Agendas (administrative records) 3
- Athletics 3
- Buttons (information artifacts) 3
- Certificates 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- College of William and Mary--Alumni and alumnae 3
- College of William and Mary--Faculty and Staff 3
- College of William and Mary--History--17th century 3
- College of William and Mary--Presidents 3
- Fundraising campaigns 3
- Homecoming 3
- Manuscripts (document genre) 3
- Printed ephemera 3
- Receipts (financial records) 3
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Social life and customs 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Athletics--Football--Scandal of 1951 2
- Awards and scholarships 2
- Banners 2
- Buildings and Grounds 2
- College students 2
- Diplomas 2
- Education, Higher--Virginia--History 2
- Education--Virginia--Williamsburg--20th century 2
- Essays 2
- James City County (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Jamestown Festival (1957) 2
- Maps 2
- Matthew Whaley School (Williamsburg, Va.) 2
- Plays (document genre) 2
- Registration instructions and schedules 2
- Report cards 2
- Universities and Colleges--Finance 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--City Council 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--18th century 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Photographs 2
- Women college students 2
- Women--Education--Virginia--History 2
- Wren Building (Williamsburg, Va.) 2
- Abolitionists--Periodicals 1
- Advertising 1
- African Americans--Education 1
- African Americans--Virginia--Williamsburg--History 1
- Albums 1
- Alumni and Alumnae 1
- American Literature--20th century--Periodicals 1
- American Red Cross--History--World War II period 1
- American poetry--19th century 1
- Anniversary Celebration--1968 1
- Apprentices--United States--History 1
- Apprenticeship programs--Virginia 1
- Athletics--Football 1
- Authors, English 1
- Awards and Scholarships--Jones, Tiberius Gracchus, Prize 1
- Baptists--Virginia--History 1
- Beanie cap 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Broadsides 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Jefferson Hall 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Phi Beta Kappa Hall (1957) 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Tucker Hall 1
- COVID-19 (Disease) 1
- Cartoons 1
- Catalogs 1
- Chaplains, Military--United States--20th century 1
- Charter 1
- Charter Day--1968 1
- Church bulletins 1
- Class materials 1
- Clubs--Virginia--Williamsburg 1
- College campuses -- Virginia 1
- College of William and Mary--Commencement 1
- College of William and Mary--History 1
- College of William and Mary--Students--Sanitary Affairs 1
- College of William and Mary--Students--Social life and customs 1 + ∧ less