College of William and Mary.
Found in 125 Collections and/or Records:
Correspondence of Dr. Caroline Baytop Sinclair and notes concerning her research of John Sinclair, Revolutionary and War of 1812 privateer. Collection also includes articles and clippings about John Sinclair, a Baytop genealogy, as well as correspondence about a piece of furniture given to the College of William and Mary.
The book, "The Kidnapped Child" a novel about Henry Sinclair, written by Caroline B. Sinclair, 1983.
Addition 1995.05 added as Folder 10.
This collection contains fliers, announcements, newsletters, and faculty minutes from the Office of Special Programs at the College of William and Mary.
The collection includes subject files retained by the Dean of Student Affairs at the College of William and Mary related to a variety of topics including the university's alcohol policy, Washington Program, etc.
This collection contains announcements, newsletters, and reports describing various Summer Sessions of William & Mary, including the summer sessions held at the Dublin Institute in Dublin, Virginia from 1912-1918. Included in the collection is The Mountain Echo for 1912, a "year book" for the summer sessions held in Dublin. Also available in the collection is a copy of the Mini Hat, an information sheet of facts and various notices which are pertinent to the entire summer session.
This collection consists of letters written by Margaret Thatcher, Chancellor of the College of William and Mary, to President Timothy J. Sullivan. Included in the letters are thank you letters to Sullivan for various Charter Day activities, Thatcher being installed as Chancellor, and saying farewell to her seven years as Chancellor.
The Report of Scholarship and Attendance of Thomas Bernard Latane, a student in the State Male Normal College of Virginia and William & Mary, dated December 14, 1893. It is signed by John Lesslie Hall.
This collection includes a flier announcing the Thomas Jefferson Day run held by the College of William and Mary, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial Foundation, and the University of Virginia on October 6, 1957.
This collection contains student essays, stories, and poems submitted for the Tiberius Gracchus Jones Literary Prize. Some entries have judges' notes attached.
Collection includes 100 digital photographs of William & Mary's campus during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as 188 digital photographs of Downtown Williamsburg businesses with posted signs noting COVID-19 closures, remote services, and other operational information. Each business is photographed, with close-ups of the individual signage.
A collection of harvested websites for the institutional history and records of The College of William and Mary.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg as well as William and Mary.
This collection contains fliers, minutes, and annual reports for the William and Mary Athletic Educational Foundation. The Foundation has also been known as The Tomahawk Club and The Tribe Club over the years.
This collection consists of one form, completed by William Floyd Cox, reporting how he fulfilled his pledge to the State Male Normal College and William & Mary to teach.
Pledges such as this were required of Virginia students who attended William and Mary receiving financial assistance with the understanding they would teach in Virginia upon graduation.
This collection contains documents pertaining to fire insurance purchased by the W&M faculty and administrators for the school. It includes policies and receipts.
This collection contains three flyers from the first William & Mary Juneteenth Celebration. The flyers display the date, schedule, and featured participants of the event.
This collection contains a certificate of William David Yancey reading that he has "passed Examinations in the Introductory Class of Mathematics." The certificate was signed on June 24, 1896 by Professor Thomas Jefferson Stubbs, Secretary of the Faculty at the College of William and Mary.
- Collection 124
- Archival Record 1
- College of William and Mary--Students 30
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 27
- Correspondence 27
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 21
- Reports 15
- Fliers (printed matter) 12
- Minutes 12
- Photographs 11
- College of William and Mary--History--18th century 10
- Scrapbooks 8
- Booklets 7
- Charter Day 7
- Invitations 7
- Memorandums 7
- Pamphlets 7
- Programs 7
- Announcements 5
- College of William and Mary Anniversaries, etc 5
- Newsletters 5
- Notebooks 5
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century 5
- College of William and Mary--History--21st century 4
- Financial records 4
- Graduation (School) 4
- Newspapers 4
- Agendas (administrative records) 3
- Athletics 3
- Buttons (information artifacts) 3
- Certificates 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- College of William and Mary--Alumni and alumnae 3
- College of William and Mary--Faculty and Staff 3
- College of William and Mary--History--17th century 3
- College of William and Mary--Presidents 3
- Fundraising campaigns 3
- Homecoming 3
- Manuscripts (document genre) 3
- Printed ephemera 3
- Receipts (financial records) 3
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Social life and customs 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Athletics--Football--Scandal of 1951 2
- Awards and scholarships 2
- Banners 2
- Buildings and Grounds 2
- College students 2
- Diplomas 2
- Education, Higher--Virginia--History 2
- Education--Virginia--Williamsburg--20th century 2
- Essays 2
- James City County (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Jamestown Festival (1957) 2
- Maps 2
- Matthew Whaley School (Williamsburg, Va.) 2
- Plays (document genre) 2
- Registration instructions and schedules 2
- Report cards 2
- Universities and Colleges--Finance 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--City Council 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--18th century 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Photographs 2
- Women college students 2
- Women--Education--Virginia--History 2
- Wren Building (Williamsburg, Va.) 2
- Abolitionists--Periodicals 1
- Advertising 1
- African Americans--Education 1
- African Americans--Virginia--Williamsburg--History 1
- Albums 1
- Alumni and Alumnae 1
- American Literature--20th century--Periodicals 1
- American Red Cross--History--World War II period 1
- American poetry--19th century 1
- Anniversary Celebration--1968 1
- Apprentices--United States--History 1
- Apprenticeship programs--Virginia 1
- Athletics--Football 1
- Authors, English 1
- Awards and Scholarships--Jones, Tiberius Gracchus, Prize 1
- Baptists--Virginia--History 1
- Beanie cap 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Broadsides 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Jefferson Hall 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Phi Beta Kappa Hall (1957) 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Tucker Hall 1
- COVID-19 (Disease) 1
- Cartoons 1
- Catalogs 1
- Chaplains, Military--United States--20th century 1
- Charter 1
- Charter Day--1968 1
- Church bulletins 1
- Class materials 1
- Clubs--Virginia--Williamsburg 1
- College campuses -- Virginia 1
- College of William and Mary--Commencement 1
- College of William and Mary--History 1
- College of William and Mary--Students--Sanitary Affairs 1
- College of William and Mary--Students--Social life and customs 1 + ∧ less