Will Molineux Collection
Scope and Contents
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg, William and Mary and many more.
- Creation: 1952-1999
- Molineux, Will (Person)
- Board of Supervisors of James City County (Va.) (Organization)
- City Council of Williamsburg (Va.) (Organization)
- Williamsburg Historic Records Association (Williamsburg, Va.) (Organization)
- Williamsburg-James City County (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
5.25 Linear Feet
Arrangement of Materials:
Series One is ephemera and Series two is photographs.
1997.41, 1999.31a, 1999.45, 2005.12 , 2006.30, 2007.32, 2008.13a, 2008.167 Please see staff for information about recent accessions.
Mss. Acc. 2005.12
Images of America: Jamestown. Charleston: Arcasdia, 2004 by Will Molineux and Rodney B. Taylor. Moved to Rare Books.
Mss. Acc. 2006.30
1962 Program of "The Girls in 509" has been transferred to Mss. 1.09 WHRA Ephemera Collection under Accession 2006.30.
Mss. Acc. 2008.167
12 Campaign buttons, nailclippers advertising Williamsburg National Bank, a drink stirrer from Golden Horseshoe Club and a pen from the Williamsburg Inn were transferred to the artifact collection in 2009.
The first accession and most additions are interfiled.
Genre / Form
- James City County (Va.)--History--20th century
- Jamestown (Va.)--History--20th century
- Williamsburg (Va.)--City Council
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Photographs
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Social life and customs
- Guide to the Will Molineux Collection
- Finding Aid Authors: Anne Johnson and Special Collections Staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English
- May 24th, 2018: Updated by Anne Johnson in 2010. Series/subseries redone in 2014.