Oversize photograph of Williamsburg Colonial Pageant, Griffith, photographer from Newport News, Virginia, 1921. In very poor condition.
Also, photograph of the pageant, cut into 7 pieces. Additional rolled photograph added in 2011.
Copy of a partial typed transcript and a manuscript of the "Partial History of Mrs. Remember Thorp's Life" by Mrs. Remember Bowen Thorp. One page tells of her early childhood, and the next two pages tell of her visit to Virginia and the Williamsburg area in 1907.
Original is owned by the Thorp Family.
Newspaper articles about Williamsburg residents and institutions, businesses and events. Includes clippings, obituaries, notes and speeches relating to prominent residents and major events and important places in Williamsburg, James City County and York County, Virginia. The material was collected by the Newport News Daily Press newspaper.
Obituaries and the story of Williamsburg residents Edwin A. Gilley and Comer C. Jackson who died when their car fell through the open draw on the Chickahominy Bridge, undated, obituary of murdered Harry Burleson of James City County in 1922, photograph of woman in a canoe with a note that it might be Virginia Waltrip, Notebook of handwritten stories by Ellsworth Ayers, dated 1909. There are also photographs of students from the Five Forks School.
Deed from H.D. and Carrie D. Cole, his wife, to Lucy R. Brooks for property on the southeast corner of Scotland and Henry Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia. Lot is portion of what is known as the Armistead Homestead. March 10, 1913.
Collection includes the constitution and bylaws and minutes of meeting, dated 7 May 1932, signed by G. K. Vanderslice and G. E. Meanley, of the Fort Magruder Fishing Club, Williamsburg, Virginia.
Fred Frechette's papers which include his Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper articles on Williamsburg, Virginia, photographs and his script and related material on "The Once and Future Camelot" a production given for the Williamsburg Reunion. Material related to his duty as a volunteer fireman and his March 25, 2000 pamphlet "William and Mary Students and the Travis House, Feb. 1, 1943-Feb. 28, 1951."