Janet C. Kimbrough Williamsburg Area History Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
- Creation: 1873-1994
- Kimbrough, Janet C. (Janet Coleman) (Person)
- Williamsburg Historic Records Association (Williamsburg, Va.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.25 Linear Feet
1985.50 Dr. Janet Kimbrough 1991.36 Dr. Janet Kimbrough 1993.06 Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough, Jr. All gifts via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association.
Genre / Form
- Confederate Memorial (Williamsburg, Va.)
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Colonial Period--History
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--World War, 1939-1945
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Library
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Photographs
- York County (Va.)--History--20th century
- Yorktown (Va.)--History--Siege, 1781--Centennial celebrations, etc
- Guide to the Janet C. Kimbrough Williamsburg Area History Collection
- Finding Aid Authors: Special Collections Staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note