Matthew Whaley School (Williamsburg, Va.)
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Collection includes letters, citations, scripts of plays, photographs, slides and videos concerning Rosa Marie Fuller's teaching career and James A. Fuller's employment with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and his service with the Boy Scouts.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
This collection contains biographical materials, correspondence, notebooks, scrapbooks, and other material related to former College of William and Mary Dean of Women Grace Warren Landrum from 1890-1995. Also included in the collection are dance and banquet programs; information about the dedication of Landrum Hall; and programs, news clippings, and photographs relating to the Matthew Whaley School from 1931-1932.
This is an artificial collection of material from and about Matthew Whaley School in Williamsburg, Virginia including material from the annual fifty year reunions. The school newspaper, The Powder Horn, 1930-1937 and 1946-1948, is available in Rare Books call number AN47 .W54 P68.
The personal papers of Julia W. Oxrieder include materials related to Williamsburg, Virginia, documents of interest she collected related to her many interests, and personal material about her life and work in Williamsburg. Many items are copies of biographies, newspaper articles, and ephemera documenting local history including folklore, education, Williamsburg people and organizations, African Americans, and other topics.