Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 30
Papers and correspondence of three generations of the Brown Family of Virginia: Frances (Fanny) Bland Coalter Brown and her husband, Henry Peronneau Brown (1838-1888), J. Thompson and Cassie Tucker Brown (1890-1920) and Frances Bland Brown and Fleming Sanders (1921-1964).
Contemporary copy of deed selling 25 shares of stock in the Female College in Buckingham County, Va.
Indenture, 4 April 1827, made between James P. Bull, Towanda, Pennsylvania and Gould Seymour, Pike, Bradford County, Pennsylvania for 101 acres of land in Bradford County.
Deed, 1755, for 400 acres of land in Cumberland County, Va. from Robert Carter, Sr. to Robert Carter, Jr. and Thomas Carter; and mortgage, 1762, of 313 acres of land in Cumberland County, Va. by Robert Carter, Sr. to John Pleasants, Sr. and John Pleasants, Jr.
Five Confederate Bills, ranging from $5.00 to $100.00 in currency. All bills are issued 1864. Also two notes from the city of Richmond for $.50 and $.75 dated April 14, 1862. Various receipts for dry goods, clothing, and debts. Also included among these receipts is a promissory note for the sum of $180.00 for the hire of two negro slaves, January 5, 1844. Land deed plot is for Reuben Jordan's estate dated February 20, 1835. Exact plat location is unknown in Virginia.
Land transfer from Claude-Pierre Pecaudy de Contrecoeur, with mention of St. Michael and St. Martin provence, probably in Canada. August 18, 1730.
Deed from H.D. and Carrie D. Cole, his wife, to Lucy R. Brooks for property on the southeast corner of Scotland and Henry Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia. Lot is portion of what is known as the Armistead Homestead. March 10, 1913.
Fragment of a deed from John Catlett of Manassas Gap and Rachel his wife to John Catlett of North River for estate of inheritance, Court of Frederick County, Virginia. November 30, 1812.
Acc. 1999.039: This accession contains Peninsula Bank and Trust Co. passbooks reflecting endowment fund deposits. The books include information on the Junior and Senior Class Funds (1926), the Landscape Fund, the Dormitory Fund, the William and Mary Guarantee Fund, the William and Mary General Endowment, the Science Hall Fund, and the Phi Beta Kappa Fund.
Acc. 1999.053: This accession contains contracts, deeds, and insurance policies from the 1920s-1940s.
Letters and accounts of James Galt of Columbia, Virginia (Fluvanna County). Many letters and accounts concern his guardianship of his nieces and nephews. Legal documents concern William Galt's estate (1851-1854), deed as executor for John Allen's estate (1839) and an opinion of Hawkins vs. Miles (1819).
This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, wills, and other legal documents from the law firm of Geddy, Harris, Franck & Hickman in Williamsburg, Virginia. The bulk of the material consists of abstracts of title to real property located in Williamsburg, Virginia, and nearby counties, including the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, from the 1920s to the 1950s, as well as deeds to properties in Williamsburg and nearby counties from the 1880s to the 1950s.
Deed between Elsie and J. Parish Goodbar, late of Westerville, State of Ohio and Mrs. Flora E. Rogers for property on Prince George Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, April 4, 1907.
Professional and personal papers of Channing Moore Hall (1890-1953) attorney and mayor of Williamsburg. A box and folder list for accession 1992.66 of the collection is available in the Special Collections Research Center. A description of accession 2005.16 is available below in the finding aid/inventory.
Deed, 31 January 1831, from Silas Hathaway of St. Albans, Vermont to Joseph White, New York, New York conveying land in Wythe County, Virginia. Fragile.
The records of the Ivy House Restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia include business records, guest registers, customer and business correspondence, legal documents, and a variety of ephemera from the local business including menus. This mid-20th century collection documents the history of this restaurant during a time when Williamsburg was going through changes and growth in the tourism industry.
Contemporary copy of a land indenture between Rev. John Dixon, "Professor of Divinity at William & Mary College" and Charles Mortimer for Dixon's Mill in King George County, Virginia.