Deed from H.D. and Carrie D. Cole, his wife, to Lucy R. Brooks for property on the southeast corner of Scotland and Henry Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia. Lot is portion of what is known as the Armistead Homestead. March 10, 1913.
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
Henry Denison Cole (1856-1938) was a resident of Williamsburg for his entire life. He operated a book shop on Duke of Gloucester Street and served as postmaster of Williamsburg, 1884-1889; treasurer of Bruton Parish Church; secretary of the alumni of the College of William and Mary; judge of elections and member of the Democratic committee; the Williamsburg school board; and the board of trustees of Eastern State Hospital. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: .
0.01 Linear Foot
Gift through the Williamsburg Historic Records Association.