Found in 34 Collections and/or Records:
Art Song of Williamsburg Records
Edward Belvin Collection
Edward Belvin's Collection of Williamsburg and James City County, Virginia material. Includes copies of wills and death certificates, correspondence and certificates.
Bozarth and Warburton Journal
Journal of Bozarth and Warburton, merchants and lumbermen, Williamsburg, Va., 1907-1910, including the accounts of Bozarth and Savage, 1909.
Bozarth and Warburton Ledger
Ledger, 1898-1908, of Bozarth and Warburton, merchants and lumbermen of Williamsburg, Va. which includes the accounts of a potato brokerage (a business of William A. Bozarth and [?] Savage); and a lumber account, 1901, with the College of William and Mary).
Bozarth Brothers Account Book, 1905-1908
Invoice book, 1905-1908, of Bozarth Brothers, hardware merchants and lumbermen, Williamsburg, Va. including inventories of stock and orders for lumber.
Deed between H. D. and Carrie Cole to Lucy R. Brooks
Deed from H.D. and Carrie D. Cole, his wife, to Lucy R. Brooks for property on the southeast corner of Scotland and Henry Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia. Lot is portion of what is known as the Armistead Homestead. March 10, 1913.
Edward Rush Young Diary
The diary of Edward Rush Young, Camp Island, Jamestown Island, Virginia, June 2-September 6, 1861, describes the challenges and minutiae of camp life and skirmishes. Typescript. The diary was transcribed by Morrison Bennett in 1987.
B. F. Garrett Account Book
Account book, 1842-1849, of B. F. Garrett, attorney, Williamsburg, Va. Includes account with John Tyler, Jr.
Guy Family Papers
Martha W. Harrison Letter to Thomas Randolph
Letter written by Martha Harrison to Thomas Randolph about dances and jubilees, dated May 15, 1807. 19.5 cm x 23 cm. Transcript included.
Martha Harrison may be Martha Wayles Skipwith Harrison who was married to Edmund Harrison and lived in "Genito" in Amelia County, Virginia. The festivities may be part of the 1807 Jamestown celebrations.
Herman Recht Papers
John Hulit and Charles correspondence
Content warning: The John Hulit and Charles correspondence contains racist language. The materials have been processed for fair use and research purposes.
A letter sent to John Hulit of James City County, Virginia from Charles, last name unknown, dated December 7, 1851. The letter provides a general description of Williamsburg, Virginia in regards to hunting. Derogative terminology used to describe Black people is contained in this letter.
Ivy House Restaurant Records
The records of the Ivy House Restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia include business records, guest registers, customer and business correspondence, legal documents, and a variety of ephemera from the local business including menus. This mid-20th century collection documents the history of this restaurant during a time when Williamsburg was going through changes and growth in the tourism industry.
James City County Oral History Collection
Lois Hornsby Collection of Williamsburg Ephemera
Contains scrapbooks, clippings, and printed ephemera documenting Williamsburg, Virginia. The accession includes material concerning the Williamsburg Reunion, Williamsburg Clergy Fellowship, Williamsburg land development, Bruton Heights, and Bruton Parish Church among others.
Millington Print of Eastern Lunatic Asylum
4 x 7.5 inch colored lithograph plate with a 2.25 x 2 inch border. Image is of the Virginia Lunatic Asylum at Williamsburg, VA by Thomas Charles Millington. Image shows the building circa 1845 with its newly added third floor, cupola, and portico.
Thomas Millington Collection
The Old Court Journal
Photocopy of a typed manuscript of "The Old Court Journal" by Miss "Gibbie Galt" telling the story of the Virginia Gazette and Williamsburg, Virginia. 1 item.
Pencil Drawing of Bruton Parish Church
Pencil drawing of Bruton Parish Church (Williamsburg, Va.), including a main steering a carriage lead by oxen. Artist is unknown.
The image is fragile and must be handled with extreme care.
Pulaski Club Records
Records of the Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, a men's social club, named in honor of Count Pulaski of American Revolutionary War fame. Includes minutes, correspondence, photographs, poetry, stationery and clippings. Two letters by John D. Rockefeller are included.
Mary Eleanor Davis Ries Papers, 1870-1967
Series 32: Williamsburg
Thomas Ballard Plat
Original and photostats of a plot of land surveyed by Robert Beverley in June 1678, showing the land sold by Secretary [Thomas] Ludwell to Col. Thomas Ballard. This land was subsequently sold by Ballard to the College of William & Mary. This plat is the earliest record of campus lands.