Galt Papers (IV)
Scope and Contents
Letters and accounts of James Galt of Columbia, Virginia (Fluvanna County). Many letters and accounts concern his guardianship of his nieces and nephews. Legal documents concern William Galt's estate (1851-1854), deed as executor for John Allen's estate (1839) and an opinion of Hawkins vs. Miles (1819).
- Creation: 1819, 1830-1875
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.50 Linear Feet
- Guide to the Galt Papers (IV)
- Finding Aid Authors: Anne Johnson.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English