Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.
Minutes of the Williamsburg Board of Trade, January-June 1908, F.H. Ball, Secretary; print of John Randolph House; program of the SAR (Sons of the American Revolution) at the Randolph-Peachy House, Oct. 16-19, 1931 (printed leaflet).
Annual scrapbooks, garden and home tour brochures and schedules, membership lists, slides and a few business records of the Green Spring Garden Club, Inc., located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Administrative records, programs and working materials for plays, attendance records and financial records of the Jack and Jill Nursery and Kindergarten, operated by Cary Wynne Boelt in Williamsburg, Virginia.
A rough draft inventory and a history of the Jack and Jill Nursery and Kindergarten Records by Frederick W. Boelt are filed at the beginning of the collection.
Pamphlets and brochures from Colonial Williamsburg, plus various invitations and programs for Williamsburg area events.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
This is an artificial collection of material from and about Matthew Whaley School in Williamsburg, Virginia including material from the annual fifty year reunions. The school newspaper, The Powder Horn, 1930-1937 and 1946-1948, is available in Rare Books call number AN47 .W54 P68.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg, William and Mary and many more.
Commencement program of Nicholson High School in Williamsburg, 18 May 1911.
Papers of Elizabeth Nunn, an elementary school teacher in Williamsburg, Virginia.
The personal papers of Julia W. Oxrieder include materials related to Williamsburg, Virginia, documents of interest she collected related to her many interests, and personal material about her life and work in Williamsburg. Many items are copies of biographies, newspaper articles, and ephemera documenting local history including folklore, education, Williamsburg people and organizations, African Americans, and other topics.
Family papers and a collection of Williamsburg ephemera and memorabilia of Fay Parr. Includes family photograph albums, press photographs of Williamsburg residents and buildings, newspaper clippings of events and people in Williamsburg, Virginia and publications from Williamsburg and other places.
Publications and newspaper clippings concerning the Williamsburg area, including College of William and Mary material. Programs, pamphlets, fans and newspapers.
Photographs and documents chiefly relating to the Trevillian family of Williamsburg, Virginia. 11 items.
Includes an invoice for Mrs. Trevillian from B.F. Wolfe with a photograph of his store on the invoice, a photograph of a house at the 1987 location of the KAO house, a group photograph of the Moncure and Trevillian families, gas receipt for Capt. Trevillian, 1911, and invoices and receipts for the Trevillian Family.
2007-08 Correspondence with Mrs. Elizabeth (Emerson) Willard enclosing 1947 program for the Common Glory, enlarged photocopy of a card from the "English Antiques" located in the Blair's Brick House (present day Red Lion) and owned by Margaret G. and Col. Frances Wray of Charlottesville (1951) and photocopy of photographs of Grace Coles, a maid of the White Family and good friend of Elizabeth Willard and the sign of the "Blair's Brick House, English Antiques."
The collection includes programs, booklets, and various material from the Williamsburg Reunion. The Williamsburg Reunion is a series of activities designed to celebrate the common heritage and shared memories of everyone who lived in the Williamsburg area 40 or more years ago.
Programs for Junior Class of Matthew Whaley School, "Don't Take My Penny," Friday, March 13, , and Annual Installation Banquet of the Young Women's Club of Williamsburg, May 13, 1949.