Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
Collections of programs, pamphlets and other items from the Williamsburg, Virginia area. Biography and photograph of Comer Clarke Jackson, Manager of Casey's Department Store.
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Collection of photographs, newspaper clippings, publications, postcards and other items relating to Williamsburg, Virginia.
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.
Oversize photograph of Williamsburg Colonial Pageant, Griffith, photographer from Newport News, Virginia, 1921. In very poor condition Photograph of the pageant, cut into 7 pieces. One rolled photograph added in 2011, location uncertain in 2022. 2 programmes of the event.
Obituaries and the story of Williamsburg residents Edwin A. Gilley and Comer C. Jackson who died when their car fell through the open draw on the Chickahominy Bridge, undated, obituary of murdered Harry Burleson of James City County in 1922, photograph of woman in a canoe with a note that it might be Virginia Waltrip, Notebook of handwritten stories by Ellsworth Ayers, dated 1909. There are also photographs of students from the Five Forks School.
The collection contains papers documenting the lives of the Fay Parr family. The collection also includes Williamsburg ephemera and memorabilia. Other materials contained in the collection includes family photograph albums, press photographs of Williamsburg residents as well as buildings, newspaper clippings of events in Williamsburg, Virginia as well as publications from Williamsburg and other places.
Fred Frechette's papers which include his Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper articles on Williamsburg, Virginia, photographs and his script and related material on "The Once and Future Camelot" a production given for the Williamsburg Reunion. Material related to his duty as a volunteer fireman and his March 25, 2000 pamphlet "William and Mary Students and the Travis House, Feb. 1, 1943-Feb. 28, 1951."
Collection includes letters, citations, scripts of plays, photographs, slides and videos concerning Rosa Marie Fuller's teaching career and James A. Fuller's employment with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and his service with the Boy Scouts.
Memory Book of Mary Ware Galt of Williamsburg containing memorabilia, programs, photographs, souvenirs, correspondence, and ephemera from Williamsburg, Virginia and the Tidewater area, plus from her days as a student at Hampton College (1908-1909) in Hampton, Virginia and Stuart Hall (1909-1910) in Staunton, Virginia.
Annual scrapbooks, garden and home tour brochures and schedules, membership lists, slides and a few business records of the Green Spring Garden Club, Inc., located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
This is an artificial collection of material from and about Matthew Whaley School in Williamsburg, Virginia including material from the annual fifty year reunions. The school newspaper, The Powder Horn, 1930-1937 and 1946-1948, is available in Rare Books call number AN47 .W54 P68.
Material about and by Mayor Henry Stryker and Colonial Williamsburg hostess Fannie Stryker including reminiscences of Mrs. Stryker, photographic album on Mayor Stryker's retirement, scrapbook, 1957, of Jamestown Festival and visit of Queen Elizabeth. Mss. Acc. 1989.37a
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg as well as William and Mary.
2007-08 Correspondence with Mrs. Elizabeth (Emerson) Willard enclosing 1947 program for the Common Glory, enlarged photocopy of a card from the "English Antiques" located in the Blair's Brick House (present day Red Lion) and owned by Margaret G. and Col. Frances Wray of Charlottesville (1951) and photocopy of photographs of Grace Coles, a maid of the White Family and good friend of Elizabeth Willard and the sign of the "Blair's Brick House, English Antiques."
The collection includes programs, booklets, and various material from the Williamsburg Reunion. The Williamsburg Reunion is a series of activities designed to celebrate the common heritage and shared memories of everyone who lived in the Williamsburg area 40 or more years ago.
Souvenir photograph album of Williamsburg and vicinity, early 20th century.