This collection includes copies of audit reports on the college, made by the Commonwealth Auditor of Public Accounts for the Governor of Virginia. It also contains the 1934 Downs Report, the 1941 Report on Accounting Survey, the 1938 Report on Fiscal Affairs (the Armour Report), the 1945 audit of the boarding department, the 1952 audit on the remodeling of Bright House, the 1985 audit on student financial assistance programs, and audits of the Pell Grant program.
This collection consists of newspaper clippings about William and Mary (1955); correspondence about the physical plant (1951); an Alumni Society address (1893); and reports and booklets.
This collection includes color slides and a quilt which offer insight into student life at the College of William and Mary during the mid-1970s.
This collection is comprised of photographs taken by Miriam Winder Bright while a student at William and Mary. There is also a signed copy of the college regulations and dormitory rules.
Photographs depict: the Manless Dance, women in canoes on Lake Matoaka, men standing next to the lake, Tyler Hall, Science Hall, the President's House, the Brafferton, the Library, Taliaferro Dormitory, Old Gymnasium, Ewell Dormitory, and the Dining Hall.
This collection contains the correspondence of John Stewart Bryan from 1926 to 1944, including when he served as Chancellor of the College of William and Mary from 1942-1944. Included is correspondence about fraternities on campus; the construction of William Barton Rogers Hall; and the financing and construction of James Monroe Memorial Hall (now Monroe Hall), a men's dormitory.
This collection includes a variety of material formats and subjects from throughout the College's history.
Acc. 1985.070: This accession contains files detailing the formation of the committee and its work to acquire objects for the house.
Acc. 1992.019: This accession includes correspondence, minutes, agenda, committee reports, financial statements, memoranda, brochures, clippings, and meeting announcements.
Acc. 2008.140: includes memoranda and paperwork for the Committee to Furnish the President's House collected by longtime committee member Carlton Casey.
This collection contains proposals for and correspondence about a cultural center and a research center to be established at William and Mary.
Pencil sketch drawing of the sunken garden located on the campus of the College of William & Mary. Possibly a planning document. 1924 is noted on drawing.
This collection includes three postcards, forty-four photos, and four assorted pictures, mainly of Anne Townsend Dudley's William and Mary years (1922-1926). Most of the photos were used in the 1924 Colonial Echo.
The collection includes a number of accessions and groups of records directly from the Office of Facilities Management including publications, administrative records, blueprints, and other documents as well as blueprints and other architectural drawings that come under the administrative responsibility of the office, but may have been transferred from miscellaneous sources.
Office files, beginning in 1928, but mostly 1980’s; auxiliary enterprises files; inventory of real property held by the College, the Endowment Association and Board of Visitors; 1987 Master Plan material; correspondence with state agencies; financial reports for William & Mary, VIMS, and the Men’s Athletic Association; and Audit Reports.
The collection includes fliers and booklets from companies used by William & Mary Food Services including Aramark, Marriott, and Shamrock. The collection also includes dining hall tickets used by students and fliers for shows and dances at the "Wigwam" in the Dining Hall.
A collection of thirty-eight photographs by Kwok Ying Fung in a photograph album entitled, An Interpretation of the College of William and Mary, probably taken around 1965. The collection also includes oversized prints of some photographs.
The collection includes the personal and professional papers of Rene A. Henry including a number of photographs, correspondence, scrapbooks, press releases, and publications that pertain to his life and career in sports marketing, public relations, housing, construction, television, entertainment, association management, and government service. The collection also holds materials from the 1988 presidential campaign of George H. W. Bush and Dan Quayle.
Fliers for entertainment in "Hoi Polloi," also known as "The Pub," located behind the Campus Center in Old Trinkle Hall at the College of William and Mary from 1974-1983.
Color sketch west side of the Wren building of the College of William and Mary, signed by Jas. Murray, copyright and undated. In the forefront of the sketch is a cannon and the statue of Lord Botetourt.
This collection contains biographical materials, correspondence, notebooks, scrapbooks, and other material related to former College of William and Mary Dean of Women Grace Warren Landrum from 1890-1995. Also included in the collection are dance and banquet programs; information about the dedication of Landrum Hall; and programs, news clippings, and photographs relating to the Matthew Whaley School from 1931-1932.