Miriam Winder Bright Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of photographs taken by Miriam Winder Bright while a student at William and Mary. There is also a signed copy of the college regulations and dormitory rules.
Photographs depict: the Manless Dance, women in canoes on Lake Matoaka, men standing next to the lake, Tyler Hall, Science Hall, the President's House, the Brafferton, the Library, Taliaferro Dormitory, Old Gymnasium, Ewell Dormitory, and the Dining Hall.
- Creation: 1920-1921
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.20 Linear Feet
Genre / Form
- Buildings and Grounds--Dining Hall
- Buildings and Grounds--Ewell Dormitory (College Hotel)
- Buildings and Grounds--Fine Arts Building (1893)
- Buildings and Grounds--Lake Matoaka and Matoaka Woods
- Buildings and Grounds--Old Gym
- Buildings and Grounds--Old Library (1908)
- Buildings and Grounds--Science Hall (1906)
- Buildings and Grounds--Tyler Hall
- President's House (Williamsburg, Va.)
- Student Activities--Dances
- Student Life--1920s
- Student Rules--Women
- The Brafferton (Williamsburg, Va.)
- Guide to the Miriam Winder Bright Papers
- Finding Aid Authors: Wendy Korwin.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English