Vice President for Finance and Administration Records
Scope and Contents
Office files, beginning in 1928, but mostly 1980’s; auxiliary enterprises files; inventory of real property held by the College, the Endowment Association and Board of Visitors; 1987 Master Plan material; correspondence with state agencies; financial reports for William & Mary, VIMS, and the Men’s Athletic Association; and Audit Reports.
- Creation: 1928-1989
- Office of the Vice President for Administration (Organization)
- College of William and Mary. Board of Visitors (Organization)
- College of William and Mary Endowment Association (Organization)
- Office of the Vice President for Finance (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Curator of Manuscripts and Rare Books, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
67 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Various transfers from the Vice President of Administration and Finance. Acc. 1986.016 received 4/28/1986; Acc. 1986.054 received 10/6/1986; Acc. 1987.207 received 10/1987; Acc. 1988.002 received 1/7/1988; Acc. 1988.053 received 3/17/1988 and summer 1989; Acc. 1989.006 received 12/7/1988; Acc. 1991.037 received 12/1990; Acc. 1991.039 received 12/1990; Acc. 1992.031 received 8/24/1992; Acc. 1995.032 received 5/1995.
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science (Organization)
- College of William and Mary. Campus Police Department (Organization)
- Guide to Vice President for Finance and Administration Records
- Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note