Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Collection of photographs, newspaper clippings, publications, postcards and other items relating to Williamsburg, Virginia.
This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, wills, and other legal documents from the law firm of Geddy, Harris, Franck & Hickman in Williamsburg, Virginia. The bulk of the material consists of abstracts of title to real property located in Williamsburg, Virginia, and nearby counties, including the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, from the 1920s to the 1950s, as well as deeds to properties in Williamsburg and nearby counties from the 1880s to the 1950s.
Pamphlets and brochures from Colonial Williamsburg, plus various invitations and programs for Williamsburg area events.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg, William and Mary and many more.
Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
This collection contains correspondence, newsclippings, research notes, and other material related to the attempt to classify the Peacock Hill neighborhood of Williamsburg, Virginia a historic landmark. Also included are maps of the neighborhood as well as a copy of the signed petition for Colonial Williamsburg to build townhomes that compliment, not replace, the homes in the Peacock Hill neighborhood. Most of the material is from 1982.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.
Three poems related to Williamsburg. "Lay of the Lost Lion" by Cynthia Beverley Tucker Coleman, originally in the Williamsburg Garden Club's 1932 "Williamsburg Scrapbook." "The Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, VA, Its origin and fame and how it got its name" by the History Committee. "My God, They've sold the town" a poem about John D. Rockefeller, Jr.'s purchasing houses in Williamsburg.