Scope and Contents
Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
- Creation: 1881-1937
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.50 Linear Feet
A PDF document of this inventory is available online.
Additional information may be found at http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/findingaids/65_M81_Morecock.pdf
Processed by Cynthia B. Brown in 1983.
Genre / Form
- Jamestown (Va.)--History--19th century
- Jamestown (Va.)--History--20th century
- Powder Magazine (Williamsburg, Va.)
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--19th century
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Photographs
- Yorktown (Va.)--History--19th century
- Yorktown (Va.)--History--20th century
- Yorktown (Va.)--History--Siege, 1781--Centennial celebrations, etc
- Guide to the Morecock Collection
- Finding Aid Authors: Cynthia B. Brown.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English