Williamsburg (Va.)--History--19th century
Found in 80 Collections and/or Records:
Certification acknowledgment of Henry Edloe, Mayor of Williamsburg, for the foregoing affidavit of Burwell Bassett, signed by William M. Moody and Henry Edloe with the affixed paper seal of Virginia and wax seal of Williamsburg, Virginia. May 17, 1837.
A letter written by College of William and Mary student Edmund W. Allen to his parents. In the letter, Allen writes about his courses, life in Williamsburg, Virginia, and faculty at the College.
Copies of papers concerning the Armistead family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes copies of wills; letter of R. T. Armistead concerning his Civil War record; Confederate passes issued to Robert H. Armistead and his oath of allegiance to United States. Includes copies of letters of Cynthia Beverley (Tucker) Coleman and printed circular of Female Seminary, Williamsburg, Va.
Ledger, 1841-1861, of B. Davenport & Co., merchants, of Williamsburg, Va. which includes accounts, 1860, with the College of William and Mary and which was used as a scrapbook, 1892-1905, for newspaper clippings of poems and articles; Christmas cards; valentines; advertisements; cigarette cards; and seed catalog covers.
Letter from Dave Brown, Williamsburg, Virginia to Laura where he refers to a book, Alone by Marion Harland, describes the negroes and their activities in the area and tells about the sale of a farm, his job and commissions. 4 pp. September 6, 1878. Letter is fragile and in need of repair.
Account book, 1832-1838, of [Bruton Parish] Episcopal Church with J[acob] C. Sheldon, treasurer.
Records of Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Va.
The collection contains the papers of Williamsburg resident Cynthia Beverley Tucker Washington Coleman and includes correspondence, Coleman's personal writings, various publications, legal and financial papers, and artifacts.
Letter from E.G.G. to Lucy Burwell Page, [Williamsburg] giving news of the College of William and Mary and Williamsburg, Virginia. January 16, 1827, January 27, 1827. The President introduced new William and Mary students to the town people.