B. Floyd Flickinger Papers
Scope and Contents
Papers of B. Floyd Flickinger, Superintendent of the Colonial National Historic Park. Letters, memos, reports, speeches, documents, photographs, and other material related to the creation and operation of the Colonial National Historic Park in Yorktown, Virginia. Material on archaeology at Jamestown and the expansion of the National Park Service. Personal papers which include Flickinger's position at the Technical Training Service at the Quartermaster School during World War II, his position as a teacher of American History and news clippings about his interest in the theater and history.
- Creation: 1927-1950
- Flickinger, B. Floyd, 1905-1992 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
User Access Restricted.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
3.00 Linear Feet
Arrangement of Materials:
Arranged in series and subseries by the focus of the material and alphabetically by subject within each series and subseries.
Accessioned and minimally processed by Benjamin Bromley in October 2012.
Genre / Form
- James City County (Va.)--History--20th century
- Jamestown (Va.)--History--20th century
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century
- York County (Va.)--History--20th century
- Yorktown (Va.)--History--20th century
- Guide to the B. Floyd Flickinger Papers
- Special Collections Research Center Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note