Found in 33 Collections and/or Records:
Ledger, 1898-1908, of Bozarth and Warburton, merchants and lumbermen of Williamsburg, Va. which includes the accounts of a potato brokerage (a business of William A. Bozarth and [?] Savage); and a lumber account, 1901, with the College of William and Mary).
Deed from H.D. and Carrie D. Cole, his wife, to Lucy R. Brooks for property on the southeast corner of Scotland and Henry Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia. Lot is portion of what is known as the Armistead Homestead. March 10, 1913.
The diary of Edward Rush Young, Camp Island, Jamestown Island, Virginia, June 2-September 6, 1861, describes the challenges and minutiae of camp life and skirmishes. Typescript. The diary was transcribed by Morrison Bennett in 1987.
Letter written by Martha Harrison to Thomas Randolph about dances and jubilees, dated May 15, 1807. 19.5 cm x 23 cm. Transcript included.
Martha Harrison may be Martha Wayles Skipwith Harrison who was married to Edmund Harrison and lived in "Genito" in Amelia County, Virginia. The festivities may be part of the 1807 Jamestown celebrations.
The records of the Ivy House Restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia include business records, guest registers, customer and business correspondence, legal documents, and a variety of ephemera from the local business including menus. This mid-20th century collection documents the history of this restaurant during a time when Williamsburg was going through changes and growth in the tourism industry.
Contains scrapbooks, clippings, and printed ephemera documenting Williamsburg, Virginia. The accession includes material concerning the Williamsburg Reunion, Williamsburg Clergy Fellowship, Williamsburg land development, Bruton Heights, and Bruton Parish Church among others.
4 x 7.5 inch colored lithograph plate with a 2.25 x 2 inch border. Image is of the Virginia Lunatic Asylum at Williamsburg, VA by Thomas Charles Millington. Image shows the building circa 1845 with its newly added third floor, cupola, and portico.
Records of the Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, a men's social club, named in honor of Count Pulaski of American Revolutionary War fame. Includes minutes, correspondence, photographs, poetry, stationery and clippings. Two letters by John D. Rockefeller are included.
Original and photostats of a plot of land surveyed by Robert Beverley in June 1678, showing the land sold by Secretary [Thomas] Ludwell to Col. Thomas Ballard. This land was subsequently sold by Ballard to the College of William & Mary. This plat is the earliest record of campus lands.