Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.
Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg as well as William and Mary.