Showing Collections: 76 - 100 of 102
Records of the Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, a men's social club, named in honor of Count Pulaski of American Revolutionary War fame. Includes minutes, correspondence, photographs, poetry, stationery and clippings. Two letters by John D. Rockefeller are included.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.
The papers of S.F. Bill Royall, Jr. contain a variety of personal material and ephemera, much of it related to Williamsburg, Virginia. The collection includes samples of printing from Bill Royall's press relating to Williamsburg organizations and events such as tags, calendars, posters, programs, stickers, flyers, bulletins and other items.
Consists of materials related to the
Sanborn Insurance Atlas of Williamsburg (Rare Book-Double Folio G 1294 .W5 G495), which had beeen originally accessioned as 2006.039 before being transfered to the Rare Book collection.
Acc. 2007.100 consists of 2 DVDs with images from the Atlas (located in the Mss. Audio-Visual Collection.)
Acc. 2021.047 consists of 9 color reprodctions depicting maps dated June, 1960 in mapcase 55 drawer 13.
Glenna Shiflett's papers concerning the Twentieth-Century Gallery (This Century Gallery) of Williamsburg, her teaching career in public schools and tax and other documents for property on Richmond Road in Williamsburg, Virginia owned by her and her husband, Thomas Shiflett.
Papers of the donor's stepfather, William Harrison Smith, superintendent and postmaster at the island of Jamestown, Virginia. Mostly business correspondence with Ellen Bagby of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (A.P.V.A.) with reports, Elbert Cox of the National Park Service and Ellen Harvie Smith of the A.P.V.A. Includes monthly general reports, financial reports, salary lists, tax forms, soil report certificates, photographs, and newspaper clippings.
Material about and by Mayor Henry Stryker and Colonial Williamsburg hostess Fannie Stryker including reminiscences of Mrs. Stryker, photographic album on Mayor Stryker's retirement, scrapbook, 1957, of Jamestown Festival and visit of Queen Elizabeth. Mss. Acc. 1989.37a
Class Autograph Book titled Schoolday Memories of Catherine May Thonesen, Class of '43. The book lists her school activities, class officers, favorites, school yell, colors, and messages from friends and classmates.
One volume of the Toano High School Library Association, 1908-1934, including minutes of Board meetings, treasurer's reports, lists of visitors, lists of members and other organizational material. Includes newspaper article which lists the histories and biographies at the library (undated). This high school library also functioned as a local public library for the community.
Collection includes 100 digital photographs of William & Mary's campus during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as 188 digital photographs of Downtown Williamsburg businesses with posted signs noting COVID-19 closures, remote services, and other operational information. Each business is photographed, with close-ups of the individual signage.
Photographs and documents chiefly relating to the Trevillian family of Williamsburg, Virginia. 11 items.
Includes an invoice for Mrs. Trevillian from B.F. Wolfe with a photograph of his store on the invoice, a photograph of a house at the 1987 location of the KAO house, a group photograph of the Moncure and Trevillian families, gas receipt for Capt. Trevillian, 1911, and invoices and receipts for the Trevillian Family.
2007-08 Correspondence with Mrs. Elizabeth (Emerson) Willard enclosing 1947 program for the Common Glory, enlarged photocopy of a card from the "English Antiques" located in the Blair's Brick House (present day Red Lion) and owned by Margaret G. and Col. Frances Wray of Charlottesville (1951) and photocopy of photographs of Grace Coles, a maid of the White Family and good friend of Elizabeth Willard and the sign of the "Blair's Brick House, English Antiques."
An 8 x 10 photograph of William and Mary students in front of the George Wythe House, May 1875. Names of students are identified on the back of the photograph.
Typescripts of biographical sketches, 1981-1984, of 142 citizens of the Williamsburg, Virginia area written by William "Bill" Bryant. These profiles were originally published in the Williamsburg Advantage, a local tabloid shopper and were commissioned by Dr. Janet C. Kimbrough.
Includes an index and an introduction by Bill Bryant where he explains the beginnings of the profile series idea and how it was organized between him and the publisher.
Records of the Williamsburg Area Historical Society and six monographs on Williamsburg, Virginia related topics.
Organizational records of the Williamsburg Historic Records Association (W.H.R.A.). Includes accession record of donations, newspaper articles, press releases, brochures, photographs, resolutions, correspondence, notices of annual meetings, minutes, WHRA constitution and some material on the formation of WHRA. There is also a resolution honoring Janet Coleman Kimbrough.
Fliers, pamphlets, working papers, and catalogs of the Williamsburg Pottery Factory in Lightfoot, Virginia. Papers include a profit sharing plan, maps of the factory, and an aerial postcard of the facility.
The collection includes programs, booklets, and various material from the Williamsburg Reunion. The Williamsburg Reunion is a series of activities designed to celebrate the common heritage and shared memories of everyone who lived in the Williamsburg area 40 or more years ago.
Souvenir photograph album of Williamsburg and vicinity, early 20th century.