Williamsburg (Va.)--History--19th century
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss. MsV Ac18
Identifier: 01/Mss. 91 B38
Identifier: 01/Mss. 39.1 C67
Scope and Contents Included are minutes of the Wise Light Infantry Co. of Williamsburg, 1881-1882; the College of William and Mary Alumni Association, 1906-1917; papers concerning the College of William and Mary including letters, 1873, from Benjamin S. Ewell; the Williamsburg Free School Trustees, 1870-1907; and the Democratic Committee of Williamsburg. Also accounts of the state school funds, 1894-1911; the city school funds, 1906-1911, 1919-1924; Bruton Parish Church 1897-1938; and of Robert F. Cole...
Identifier: MS 00007
Scope and Contents The collection contains the papers of Williamsburg native Cynthia Beverley Tucker Washington Coleman and includes correspondence, Coleman's personal writings, various publications, legal and financial papers, and artifacts.
Identifier: 01/Mss. 90 H14
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the papers of the Hall and Moore families of New York, Richmond, Va. and Williamsburg, Va. Includes wills, estate papers, legal and financial transactions, 1810-1915, of Jacob Hall, Sarah Hall and Cunningham Hall; and Bishop Richard Channing Moore, Virginia Moore, Harriet Glenworth Moore, Margaretta Moore and Louise Moore. Contains correspondence, 1854-1876, between Zebulon S. Farland and Ellen Douglas Gordon Farland; letters, 1906-1928, to Margaret (Farland) Hall,...
Identifier: SC 01106
Scope and Contents Letter, 1859 October 30, from someone named Maria to Elizabeth S. Ewell, daughter of College of William and Mary president Benjamin S. Ewell. In the letter, the author writes about life in Williamsburg, Virginia, the engagements of local men including professor Edwin Taliaferro to Bland Tucker, the Williamsburg Female Academy, and the loss of George T. Wilmer as rector of Bruton Parish Church.
Identifier: Mss. 65 M81
Scope and Contents Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.