College of William and Mary--History
Found in 23 Collections and/or Records:
The photograph reflects members of the American Society of Civil Engineers who visited William & Mary on October 18, 1923. The society held meetings at the Jefferson hotel in Richmond, Virginia and visited the William & Mary dining hall on Thursday October 18, 1923. More information on their visit is reflected in William & Mary's Flat Hat issue date 1923-10-12.
A green mug with gold rim and William & Mary Tercentenary design, and a white T-shirt with green and gold William & Mary Tercentenary design, and a tote bag. These items were collected by Arthur R. Louise (Class of 1968) that commemorate William & Mary's Tercentenary in 1993.
This collection consists of a green felt duc cap encircled with a gold felt band and a gray felt-covered metal button on the top of the cap. The front of the cap has gray letters "W" and "M" accented with gold stitching, and the back of the cap was hand-embroidered in gold thread by Claiborne Reid Winborne (Class of 1971) with the name "Claiborne" in capital letters. Winborne wore this cap as a Freshman during Orientation Week in Fall 1967.
Documents, prints, and heraldry pertaining to Virginia governors from the 17th and 18th centuries. Includes letters and documents signed by John Murray, Robert Brooke, James Wood, Beverly Randolph, Patrick Henry, Edmund Andros, Jeffrey Amherst, Norborne Berkeley, Robert Hunter, Francis Fauquier, Earl De La Warr, James Blair, and Robert Dinwiddie among others. Also included in the collection are prints, coats of arms, and commemorative coins.
A single letter from James Fenimore Cooper of New York, New York, to Dr. Weiner c/o T. Hawkins of William & Mary. The letter expresses Cooper's reasoning for the writing of "The Deerslayer."
The Dennis Denenberg papers contains papers, photographs, and artifacts documenting Dr. Dennis Denenberg's (class of 1969) time as a student at William & Mary. Materials include correspondence, class notebooks and notes, publications, and photographs. Artifacts include a William & Mary cap, silver cup and medal.
The Elaine Bixiones collection contains one navy blue turtleneck t-shirt with gold William & Mary logo owned by Elaine Bixiones. The shirt depicts the former William & Mary logo which consisted of an image of a Native American man.
Collection conatins student id cards, ticket stubs, dormitory flip card, correspondence, programs, t-shirt likely from the freshman/sophomore years (1971-1973) of William & Mary student Julia Lillard Roberts.
This collection includes printed materials including course selction guidebooks at William & Mary.
Brochures and pamphlets for the William & Mary News, William & Mary Theatre, and the 1982 history of the college publication..
This collection consists of papers and photographs kept by Ronald D. Anzalone (Class of 1971) from his time as a student at William & Mary. Items include color photographs of the 1967 and 1969 Homecoming celebrations; photos and a script from the William & Mary Theatre production of "The Investigation" in March 1969; and articles and photos related to Anzalone's experience as part of the National Science Foundation-funded Chickahominy River Archaeological Survey in summer 1969.
The Society for the College records contains materials related to 2007's Wren Cross Controversy, or the decision to remove and then replace, the brass cross from William & Mary's Wren Chapel. Four yellow buttons with green lettering read: "One College, Under Glass" with a cross, feathers, and thinking man statue in silhouette, "The New William & Mary." Also included is one package of green napkins wrapped in cellophane, with "End of an Error" printed in gold.
Green mug with gold rim and William & Mary Tercentenary design.
A white T-shirt with green and gold William & Mary Tercentenary design.
This collection includes one brochure introducing the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center, circa 2018.
Undated postcard which features the campus of William and Mary. The wren building is in the center along with partial views of the President's house and the Brafferton. The statue of Lord Botetourt is also visible. Behind the campus buildings are three buildings of unknown origin. It is possible they were drawn in to the picture for aesthetic purposes.