Office of Academic Advising records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes printed materials including course selction guidebooks at William & Mary.
- Creation: 1989-2002
- College of William and Mary. Office of Academic Advising (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
The academic advising system distinguishes William & Mary as a university that values high-quality faculty/student interaction. Meetings with faculty advisors are a key feature of the program preparation and educational development of students.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 letter size Hollinger box)
Collection is arranged by accession.
This collection was previously part of the University Archives Publications Collection.
Genre / Form
- College of William and Mary--Faculty and Staff
- College of William and Mary--History
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century
- College of William and Mary--History--21st century
- College of William and Mary--Students
- College students
- College students -- Education
- Guidance, Student
- Student Initiation
- Guide to the Office of Academic Advising records
- William & Mary Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description