Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 39
This collection contains announcements, correspondence, programs, financial records, clippings, and bylaws for Alpha Delta Gamma, an honorary society for the Medieval and Renaissance Studies program at the College of William and Mary. Included in the accession are the bylaws for the organization; programs from the induction ceremonies; membership lists; a history of the organization at the College; and correspondence pertaining to the founding of the organization.
Pike's Arithmetic and Smith's Arithmetic copied by John L. Babb, probably in Hardy County, WV. Also contains exercises in punctuation, valedictory address of Jennie Cross at Morgantown Female Seminiary and a dialogue read by Julia F. Ackon and Annie C. Ballon June 27, 1856 at the annual examination of the Wesleyan Female Institute in Staunton, Virginia.
This collection contains copies of speeches and papers written by William and Mary faculty member Henry Eastman Bennett; royalty statements and contracts for books written by Bennett; correspondence; designs for chairs and desks and plans for starting a desk-making company.
This collection contains awards, publicity material, songs, articles, speeches, and photographs that once belonged to College of William and Mary professor Leslie Cheek. The bulk of the material is from 1936 to 1938, and most of the material relates to the various exhibits put on by the Department of Fine Arts. The photographs are from theatre productions, dances, and exhibits at William and Mary.
This collection includes programs, scripts, remarks, addresses, speeches, invitations, and other related material from commencement exercises at the College of William and Mary. Events and ceremonies related to graduation would also include the baccalaureate service and other events.
Speeches, invocations, eulogies, clipppings, and photographs of Emeric Fischer and his involvement with the law school of the College of William and Mary and the Temple Beth El Synagogue.
Typed copy of a speech on Williamsburg and the Restoration given to the Bruton Parish Men's Club during August, 1988.
The collection includes personal as well as offical papers of Channing M. Hall III of Williamsburg. Hall was a member of the Williamsburg City Council and most of the collection concerns the government of the Williamsburg, Virginia.
Collection of John Lesslie Hall, a William and Mary faculty member from 1888-1928. The collection includes biographical material; notebooks; publications; pictures; speeches and addresses; Notes on Bruton Parish Church; correspondence; and tax levies.
Papers, 1837-1889, of Thomas W. Harris, Littleton, Warren County, N. C. Included is correspondence from William H. Harris of Yalabusha County, Miss. and C.A. Harris of Baltimore, Md.; and a speech, 5 June 1889, given by Thomas W. Harris before the Alumni Association of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill at the Centennial Anniversary Celebration.
Printed broadside of speech by “The Hon. Henry Clay, of Kentucky, delivered June 27, 1840, on the occasion of a Public Dinner, given in compliment to him, at Taylorsville, in his native county of Hanover, in the State of Virginia.” Hanover, Virginia. June 27, 1840.
Sermon notes and sermons of Rev. John C. Hensell (b. 1809) of Middlebrook, Augusta County, Va.
Papers, circa 1938-1983, of Lawrence I'Anson, lawyer and justice of the Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals. Includes correspondence, invitations, programs, speeches, judicial opinions, certificates, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, photographs and scrapbooks.
This collection consists of a handwritten oration containing ruminations on the Declaration of Independence and the need for education to prevent the fragmentation of the union. The speech also memorializes Henry Clay, Senator from Kentucky, who had died recently. The booklet is unsigned.
A manuscript speech addressed to "Friends and Fellow Citizens of Williamsburgh" on 4th of July, 1825.
Not clear if city of Williamsburg, Virginia or another city.
Manuscript sermons, 1852-1867, of Charles Kingsley. Some were preached at Eversley Parish and one was preached before the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel.