Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 37
A.L.S. of Robert Anderson, Williamsburg, Virginia, to Collector of U.S. Customs, Savannah, Georgia, concerning the brig "Helen" formerly owned by Alexander Macaulay of Yorktown in 1798. Dated 20 December 1825. 2 pp.
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Edward Belvin's Collection of Williamsburg and James City County, Virginia material. Includes copies of wills and death certificates, correspondence and certificates.
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.
Collection includes letters, citations, scripts of plays, photographs, slides and videos concerning Rosa Marie Fuller's teaching career and James A. Fuller's employment with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and his service with the Boy Scouts.
The collection includes personal as well as offical papers of Channing M. Hall III of Williamsburg. Hall was a member of the Williamsburg City Council and most of the collection concerns the government of the Williamsburg, Virginia.
Records of Hickory Neck Episcopal Church located in Toano, Virginia. Most of the material in this collection is from the Hickory Neck Church with a permanent loan or deposit agreement. Other material is from members of Hickory Neck Church or Williamsburg, Virginia area residents.
Collection includes additions.
Plans, correspondence, pictures of a proposed historical pageant planned by the "Historical Pageant of Colonial Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown, Inc." in 1939. The pageant never happened. Correspondence with Clark Robinson of New York, President General of the SAR, and others. Includes prospectus which explains the object of the pageant. Pageant script called "Symphonic, Out-door Play, Depicting the Colonial Days of Jamestown and Yorktown, Virginia" by John C. Temple. Copies.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
Letter, April 28,1967, from Ethel Rowell to Ann Little. Letter, October 1947, written in Shanghai China from Ellen Douglas Oliver to Courtney [Ward] and Archie; child's school project "Explorers in the New World"; and list of feature articles by Courtney S. Ward.
Civil War correspondence, passes and orders relating to 1st Lieutenant William H.E. Morecock of the 32nd Virginia Volunteer Regiment. Legal documents of William H. E. Morecock, mostly concerning the lawsuit in Williamsburg and James City County, McCandlish vs Warburton, during 1851 to 1853. Correspondence and financial records of the Board of Visitors of the College of William and Mary while William H.E. Morecock was Secretary of the Board, 1877-1890.
ALS of Robert Morrison, member of the College of William and Mary faculty, to Lemuel J. Bowden, 1 Dec. 1858, concerning payment of notes due in January and July when College faculty get paid. 1 p.
Papers of Elizabeth Nunn, an elementary school teacher in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Records of the Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, a men's social club, named in honor of Count Pulaski of American Revolutionary War fame. Includes minutes, correspondence, photographs, poetry, stationery and clippings. Two letters by John D. Rockefeller are included.