This collection contains booklets describing the summer institute classes held at the College of William and Mary. From 1936 to 1938, the name of the institute was changed twice, from the Institute on the Teaching of Foreign language in 1936, to the Institute for Teaching of Latin in 1938. In 1971, they changed their name again and became the Institute in Latin and the Humanities.
The collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library
0.20 Linear Feet
This collection was previously part of the University Archives Publications Collection.
Part of the Special Collections Research Center Repository