Tyler Family Papers, Group A - H, Additions
Scope and Contents
Additions to the Tyler Family Papers that are not shelved with Mss. 65 T97 Tyler Family Papers, Groups A-H are included on the pdf inventories.
Please see the record for 65 T97 Tyler Family Papers.
Many of these additions can logically be incorporated into the Groups A-H, and possibly will be in the future.
- Creation: 1821-1976
- Tyler Family (Family)
- Tyler, John, 1790-1862 (Person)
- Tyler, Julia Gardiner, 1820-1889 (Person)
- Tyler, Lyon Gardiner, 1853-1935 (Person)
- Tyler, Sue Ruffin, 1889-1953 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.50 Linear Feet
Arrangement of Materials:
Arranged into three series. Series I. Correspondence, Series II. Printed Materials, Series III. Lyon G. Tyler Family Additions, and Series IV. Professional Papers.
Accessions 1996.54, 1997.63, 1998.23, 2000.14, 2001.15, 2002.16, 2002.24, 2003.14, 2003.32, 2004.61, 2005.20 and 2005.57 were purchased. Acc. 1999.27 is a gift of Mrs. Genevieve Quackenbush. Acc. 1995.24 is a gift of Ms. A. Callis. Acquisition information for material received after 7/13/2009 is available by consulting a Special Collections Research Center staff member. Acc. 2013.289 purchased for Swem Library with support from the Clarice Garrison Quasi Fund. Accession 2022.168, donated by Steven Howe.
Acc. 2011.063 added by Benjamin Bromley in February 2011.
- Poughkeepsie Lyceum (N.Y.) (Organization)
- Virginia State Senate (Organization)
- Whig Party (U.S.) (Organization)
- Clay, Henry, 1777-1852 (Person)
- Galt, John Minson, II, 1819-1862 (Person)
- Graves, William J. (Congressman), 1806-1876 (Person)
- Greenleaf, Joseph (Person)
- Holloway, Laura C. (Laura Carter), b. 1848 (Person)
- McCandlish (Colonel) (Person)
- Minge (Dr.) (Person)
- Shields, Howard (Person)
- Tyler, John, 1790-1862 (Person)
- Tyler, Mary (Person)
- Tyler, Robert, 1816-1878 (Person)
- Waggaman, George (Person)
- Wheaton (Mr.) (Person)
- Wickliffe, C.A (Person)
- Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1806-1876 (Person)
Genre / Form
- Accomack County (Va.)--History
- Sherwood Forest (Virginia : Estate)
- Virginia--History--19th century
- Virginia--Politics and Government--19th century
- Guide to the Tyler Family Papers, Group A - H, Additions
- Finding Aid Authors: SCRC Staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English