Clay, Henry, 1777-1852
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
A letter from Henry Clay to Josiah Bigelow. In it, Clay responds to a rumor Bigelow heard about a General Harrison joining the Antimasons. The letter is one page long, and is housed with a cover sheet that served as an envelope, as well as a typed transcription of the text.
Printed broadside of speech by “The Hon. Henry Clay, of Kentucky, delivered June 27, 1840, on the occasion of a Public Dinner, given in compliment to him, at Taylorsville, in his native county of Hanover, in the State of Virginia.” Hanover, Virginia. June 27, 1840.
This collection consists of a handwritten oration containing ruminations on the Declaration of Independence and the need for education to prevent the fragmentation of the union. The speech also memorializes Henry Clay, Senator from Kentucky, who had died recently. The booklet is unsigned.
Broadside, 42 x 27 cm. Comprises eight resolutions drafted by the Association concerning the death of statesman Henry Clay. A list of members' names appears at the end. Printed in New York by J. W. Harrison, Printer to the Association, 1852.
Additions to the Tyler Family Papers that are not shelved with Mss. 65 T97 Tyler Family Papers, Groups A-H are included on the pdf inventories.
Please see the record for 65 T97 Tyler Family Papers.
Many of these additions can logically be incorporated into the Groups A-H, and possibly will be in the future.
- Correspondence 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 2
- United States--Politics and government--1815-1861 2
- Accomack County (Va.)--History 1
- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Broadsides 1
- Buckingham County (Va.)--History 1
- Bunker Hill Monument (Boston, Mass.)--History. 1
- Bylaws 1
- Class materials 1
- Dueling 1
- Eastern State Hospital (Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Editorials 1
- Education--New York (State) 1
- Freemasons--Virginia--History. 1
- Labor unions--United States--19th century 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 1
- New York (State)--Description and travel 1
- New York (State)--Social life and customs--19th century 1
- Ordinance of 1787. 1
- Plantation life--Virginia--History--19th century 1
- Presidents' spouses--United States 1
- Presidents--United States--Election 1
- Reports 1
- Sherwood Forest (Virginia : Estate) 1
- Typescripts 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- United States--History--War of 1812 1
- United States--Politics and Government 1
- United States--Politics and government--1845-1861 1
- United States. Declaration of Independence 1
- Virginia--History 1
- Virginia--History--19th century 1
- Virginia--Politics and Government--19th century 1 + ∧ less