Tyler, Sue Ruffin, 1889-1953
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Additions to the Tyler Family Papers that are not shelved with Mss. 65 T97 Tyler Family Papers, Groups A-H are included on the pdf inventories.
Please see the record for 65 T97 Tyler Family Papers.
Many of these additions can logically be incorporated into the Groups A-H, and possibly will be in the future.
Correspondence and accounts of "Tyler's Quarterly", edited by Lyon G. Tyler and Sue Ruffin Tyler.
Chiefly writings, ca. 1880-1935, of Lyon Gardiner Tyler, historian. Most concern Virginia history in the colonial period, or defend his father, John Tyler, or defend the southern point of view in the Civil War. Includes an unpublished history of the Virginia Line in the American Revolution. Also includes writings, 1921-1951, of his second wife, Sue Ruffin Tyler, and of other authors.
Papers, 1750-1935, which are miscellaneous manuscripts with Tyler family connections. Include a scrapbook which includes correspondence of John Tyler, Thomas Walker Gilmer and St. George Tucker mostly with nineteenth- century Virginia politicians. Papers also include printed material, photographs of people and buildings and miscellaneous notes perhaps collected by Lyon G. Tyler and Sue Ruffin Tyler.
- Manuscripts (document genre) 3
- Virginia--History 2
- Accomack County (Va.)--History 1
- American periodicals--Virginia--History 1
- Bunker Hill Monument (Boston, Mass.)--History. 1
- Dueling 1
- Eastern State Hospital (Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Editorials 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Notebooks 1
- Photographs 1
- Plantation life--Virginia--History--19th century 1
- Presidents' spouses--United States 1
- Presidents--United States--Election 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sherwood Forest (Virginia : Estate) 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- United States--Politics and Government 1
- United States--Politics and government--1815-1861 1
- Virginia--History--19th century 1
- Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 1
- Virginia--Politics and Government--19th century 1
- Women--History--Virginia 1 + ∧ less