Colonial Williamsburg (Williamsburg, Va.)
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: MS 00138
Scope and Contents Papers relating to property owned by Anne Haughwout Cutler, of the Bucktrout-Braithwaite family in Williamsburg, Virginia. Cutler was the great-great-granddaughter of Benjamin Bucktrout, a cabinetmaker from London who moved to Williamsburg in 1766, where he opened a business making funeral coffins. Upon the death of her mother, Virginia Braithwaite Haughwout, Cutler inherited several properties in the Williamsburg area. In 1954, Cutler helped create with other family members the...
Identifier: SC 00112
Content Description Ledger kept by Susan Prentice, owner, along with her husband, of the Cole Shop, a gift and book store located across the Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg, Virginia in 1950. The entries of the ledger include every item sold, cost of the items, both invoice and sale price, and the daily profit of sales. She also provided a total of net profit/ loss for each month.
Identifier: SC 00275
Content Description 30 Kodachrome slides featuring Colonial Williamsburg in 1974. Snapshots include images of the exterior of the Governor's mansion, Bruton Parish church, and many of the buildings along Duke of Gloucester Street. There are also images of the interior of the Legislative building and other colonial houses. Artisans featured include the cooper, blacksmith, potter, gunsmith, and fife and drum corps. The donor of the collection can be seen on a slide in the stocks that are still along Duke of...
Identifier: 01/MS 00026
Scope and Contents This collection contains one srapbook of newspaper clippings, compiled by Josephine Parsons Lee, concerning African American employees at Colonial Williamsburg from the 1960s to the 1980s . Included in the scrapbook are lists of African American employees, photographs of the various interpreters at Colonial Williamsburg, and social events sponsored by Colonial Williamsburg including team softball.
Identifier: MS 00306
Scope and Contents Twelve pieces of oversized artwork, including originals and reproduction copies, by Thomas C. Millington, son of John Millington, William & Mary professor of Chemistry and Natural Philosophy. This collection is divided into two series. Series 1 compiles lithographic prints (one original and seven reproductions) of the "Millington print," a lithograph based off of Millington's illustrations of William & Mary's Historic Campus. Series 2 compiles drawings and watercolor...
Identifier: SC 01456
Content Description Collection of ticket stubs, postcards, and ephemera, related to a honeymoon visit to Williamsburg and surrounding areas from April 28- May 1 of 1959. Ephemera includes restaurant menus and visitor brochures to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Festival Park, and the Yorktown Battlefield. Restaurant menus are from Chowning's Tavern, The Williamsburg Inn, The King's Arms Tavern, and Christiana Campbell's Tavern in Williamsburg as well as paper place mats from the Ivy House and Florentine...
File — Box 1: Series id58626, Folder: 11
Scope and Contents Nine (9) lack and white photographs of Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area and the Brafferton. Presumably, the interior shots are of one of the rented Historic Area homes. Photographs are stamped: Thomas L. Williams, Photographer.