College of William and Mary--History--17th century
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes programs, speeches, invitations, scrolls, and announcements for the College of William and Mary's Charter Day ceremony held each February. Also contains a 1939 handwritten copy of the Royal Proclamation of 1700, as well as two typescript copies. The original Royal Proclamation is housed at the Public Records Office in London.
This 1929 copy of the 1694/1698 Granting of Arms to the College of William and Mary from the College of Arms in London is enclosed in a plexiglass mount. At the top of the document are four arms: the College of William and Mary, an unknown one, the King's, and the College of Arms.
This collection includes a variety of material formats and subjects from throughout the College's history.
Letter written to Andros requiring that he and others give their support to the College of William & Mary.
This collection contains materials relating to Robert Hunt Land's work on the history of the College of William and Mary. It includes a published description of Land's proposed history of the college, notes and correspondence about the proposed history, and biographical information about alumni (1814-1881). It also contains correspondence between Herbert Ganter, Earl Gregg Swem, and Robert Hunt Land about Ganter's research on William and Mary at the Library of Congress.
Original and photostats of a plot of land surveyed by Robert Beverley in June 1678, showing the land sold by Secretary [Thomas] Ludwell to Col. Thomas Ballard. This land was subsequently sold by Ballard to the College of William & Mary. This plat is the earliest record of campus lands.