This 1929 copy of the 1694/1698 Granting of Arms to the College of William and Mary from the College of Arms in London is enclosed in a plexiglass mount. At the top of the document are four arms: the College of William and Mary, an unknown one, the King's, and the College of Arms.
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
"Coat of Arms," University Archives Subject File Collection (UA 9); a red wax impression of the seal of the College of Arms in a round brass box was seperated from this collection and added to the University Archives Artifact Collection (UA 13) on 6/9/2010.
A red wax impression of the seal of the College of Arms, originally part of Acc. 1980.100, was seperated from this collection and added to the University Archives Artifact Collection (UA 13) on 6/9/2010.
College of William and Mary Coat of Arms Collection, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary. https://scrcguides.libraries.wm.edu/repositories/2/resources/9305 Accessed April 17, 2021.