Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 51
Collections of programs, pamphlets and other items from the Williamsburg, Virginia area. Biography and photograph of Comer Clarke Jackson, Manager of Casey's Department Store.
Broadside, "A Card from the Engineer of The E.L. Asylum" by Galba Vaiden, late engineer of the Eastern Lunatic Asylum, about favoritism in firing and hiring employees. Possibly 1890.
Small notebook, belonging to an Armistead Family member, which includes names of a circa 1910 football team following family account information from 1901. Handwriting is different.
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Collection of photographs, newspaper clippings, publications, postcards and other items relating to Williamsburg, Virginia.
Business ledgers of receipts and expenditures for Dr. Baxter I. Bell for Bell Hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia and one folder of loose business papers (25 items). 1926 to 1970. (Acc. 1995.61 and 1999.11)
Nine account books of John Bozarth, 1925-1932.
December 5, 1930 to November 11, 1931: Includes Hartford Fire Insurance policy for Mary C. Taylor and Lois S. Nixon, Indemnity Insurance policy for John N. Bozarth and banking information.
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.
Oversize photograph of Williamsburg Colonial Pageant, Griffith, photographer from Newport News, Virginia, 1921. In very poor condition Photograph of the pageant, cut into 7 pieces. One rolled photograph added in 2011, location uncertain in 2022. 2 programmes of the event.
Copy of a partial typed transcript and a manuscript of the "Partial History of Mrs. Remember Thorp's Life" by Mrs. Remember Bowen Thorp. One page tells of her early childhood, and the next two pages tell of her visit to Virginia and the Williamsburg area in 1907.
Original is owned by the Thorp Family.
Newspaper articles about Williamsburg residents and institutions, businesses and events. Includes clippings, obituaries, notes and speeches relating to prominent residents and major events and important places in Williamsburg, James City County and York County, Virginia. The material was collected by the Newport News Daily Press newspaper.
Obituaries and the story of Williamsburg residents Edwin A. Gilley and Comer C. Jackson who died when their car fell through the open draw on the Chickahominy Bridge, undated, obituary of murdered Harry Burleson of James City County in 1922, photograph of woman in a canoe with a note that it might be Virginia Waltrip, Notebook of handwritten stories by Ellsworth Ayers, dated 1909. There are also photographs of students from the Five Forks School.
Deed from H.D. and Carrie D. Cole, his wife, to Lucy R. Brooks for property on the southeast corner of Scotland and Henry Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia. Lot is portion of what is known as the Armistead Homestead. March 10, 1913.
The collection contains papers documenting the lives of the Fay Parr family. The collection also includes Williamsburg ephemera and memorabilia. Other materials contained in the collection includes family photograph albums, press photographs of Williamsburg residents as well as buildings, newspaper clippings of events in Williamsburg, Virginia as well as publications from Williamsburg and other places.
Collection includes the constitution and bylaws and minutes of meeting, dated 7 May 1932, signed by G. K. Vanderslice and G. E. Meanley, of the Fort Magruder Fishing Club, Williamsburg, Virginia.
Fred Frechette's papers which include his Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper articles on Williamsburg, Virginia, photographs and his script and related material on "The Once and Future Camelot" a production given for the Williamsburg Reunion. Material related to his duty as a volunteer fireman and his March 25, 2000 pamphlet "William and Mary Students and the Travis House, Feb. 1, 1943-Feb. 28, 1951."
Collection includes letters, citations, scripts of plays, photographs, slides and videos concerning Rosa Marie Fuller's teaching career and James A. Fuller's employment with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and his service with the Boy Scouts.
Memory Book of Mary Ware Galt of Williamsburg containing memorabilia, programs, photographs, souvenirs, correspondence, and ephemera from Williamsburg, Virginia and the Tidewater area, plus from her days as a student at Hampton College (1908-1909) in Hampton, Virginia and Stuart Hall (1909-1910) in Staunton, Virginia.
Collection of items relating to Williamsburg, Virginia and the personal papers of J. Kenneth Graham, particularly genealogy of his ancestor, James Graham of Pennsylvania.
Annual scrapbooks, garden and home tour brochures and schedules, membership lists, slides and a few business records of the Green Spring Garden Club, Inc., located in Williamsburg, Virginia.