Scrapbook, 1967-1974 of the Williamsburg Arts Council, consisting of programs, news clippings, photographs, financial records, fliers and correspondence.
Papers of the Williamsburg (Va.) Bibliophiles. Includes articles of organization, minutes, membership lists, accounts and budgets, newsletters, correspondence, programs, donations and contributions, and materials relating to a student book collecting contest sponsored by the organization. Includes first accession ((Mss. 90 W67))and additions.
Records, 1983-1993, of the Williamsburg Bicycle Association. Includes the constitution, minutes, correspondence, fliers, membership lists, and records of dues paid to the organization.
This collection includes summaries of reports for the Williamsburg Crossroads project. The project was a collaboration between the College of William and Mary, the City of Williamsburg, James City County, Colonial Williamsburg, and several other local businesses. The project was in charge of creating a plan for the economic development of the Greater Williamsburg area.
Organizational records of the Williamsburg Historic Records Association (W.H.R.A.). Includes accession record of donations, newspaper articles, press releases, brochures, photographs, resolutions, correspondence, notices of annual meetings, minutes, WHRA constitution and some material on the formation of WHRA. There is also a resolution honoring Janet Coleman Kimbrough.
Payroll book, 1912-1916, of the Williamsburg Knitting Mill Company, Williamsburg, Va. which lists employees, many of whom are female.
Checkbook, 1927-1930, containing vouchers for funds paid by H. L. Bridges while treasurer of the Williamsburg Methodist Church, South, Williamsburg, Va. which includes a contract and correspondence concerning building the church's parsonage.
The Wednesday Morning Music Club changed its name to the Williamsburg Music Club. All accessions include the records of the club with programs, publicity, yearbooks, presidents notebooks, minutes, scrapbooks, as well as a history of the organization.
3 volumes of the Voter Registrar's office of the City of Williamsburg, Virginia, consisting of a "List of White Voters, 1896, 1904-1946," "Colored Registered Voters, 1902, 1904-1946, 1930-1953, 1964," and "White Registered Voters, 1904-1964, 1905-1953."
Three poems related to Williamsburg. "Lay of the Lost Lion" by Cynthia Beverley Tucker Coleman, originally in the Williamsburg Garden Club's 1932 "Williamsburg Scrapbook." "The Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, VA, Its origin and fame and how it got its name" by the History Committee. "My God, They've sold the town" a poem about John D. Rockefeller, Jr.'s purchasing houses in Williamsburg.
Account book, 1873-1880, of registered letters sent and received from the Williamsburg Post Office, Williamsburg, Va. when N. D. Piggott was the postmaster.
The collection includes programs, booklets, and various material from the Williamsburg Reunion. The Williamsburg Reunion is a series of activities designed to celebrate the common heritage and shared memories of everyone who lived in the Williamsburg area 40 or more years ago.
A letter written by a father to his daughter Helen. The three page document is written on College of William and Mary stationary labeled with the name of President J.A.C Chandler. Within the letter, the father explains his plans to travel to other sites such as Jamestown and Richmond, and describes the old parish church he visited while in Williamsburg.
Minute books, 1899-1925, of the Businessman's Association, Williamsburg, Va. which includes the constitution stating that the purpose of the organization is to "encourage and promote the commercial, mercantile and manufacturing interests of the city of Williamsburg . . . ,".
An account book of an unknown merchant in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Souvenir photograph album of Williamsburg and vicinity, early 20th century.
This collection is composed of transcripts and cassette tapes of interviews with 80 people by the Woman's Club of Williamsburg, Virginia to document the World War II experiences of people living in Williamsburg, Virginia in 2004. Folders may contain correspondence, biographical information, copies of photographs, previously written remembrances of WWII, and release forms. The collection also includes a small number of files created by the Woman's Club during the duration of the project.
Speeches and newspaper clippings relating to the career of Dudley Warner Woodbridge, who was professor, 1927-1966, and Dean of the Law school at the College of William and Mary. Also includes photographs and letters written to him on the occasion of his retirement.
Papers relating to the Woodbridge and Mendenhall Families including materials of Julia Woodbridge Oxrieder, folklorist and author; her brother, Hensley Woodbridge, a bibliographer of Latin American literature; and their parents, Dean of the College of William and Mary Law School, Dudley Woodbridge and his wife. Some material relates to Williamsburg, Virginia. The collection includes diaries, scrapbooks, photographs and other materials.
This collection consists of a guest register from Wynway Hall, a guest house located in Williamsburg, Virginia. The register contains the names and addresses of those that stayedid at the guest house.