Account book, 1858-1860, used as a journal, 1858, and ledger, 1859-1860, by an unidentified merchant at Parnassus, Augusta County, Va. which was also used for a scrapbook into which were pasted Campbell's Soup advertisements (partially torn out).
Journal, 1819, of an unidentified merchant at Krings Mills [Augusta County, Va.] which was used as a scrapbook for newspaper clippings of poetry. Per 1810 census, many names are from Rockingham County, Va. Some newspaper clippings are from the 1860's.
Ledger, 1841-1861, of B. Davenport & Co., merchants, of Williamsburg, Va. which includes accounts, 1860, with the College of William and Mary and which was used as a scrapbook, 1892-1905, for newspaper clippings of poems and articles; Christmas cards; valentines; advertisements; cigarette cards; and seed catalog covers.
The papers include Martha Barksdale's diary for 1918-1919, recording her experiences as a member of the first class of women at William and Mary. The bulk of the collection consists of photographs that document student activities and women's sports at the college from her student years to her teaching career. The bulk of the photographs date from the 1920s-1940s.
Scrapbook, 1895, of newspaper clippings of Mary Ann Brooks of Philadelphia, Pa. and [Norfolk, Va.] The volume also includes pasted-in circus prints, and report cards, 1896-1898, of Jonathan Brooks while a student in Portsmouth, [Va. public schools.]
Scrapbooks, 1869-1911, belonging to H. Theodore Ellyson and possibly other family members which contains newspaper clippings, of letters to the Richmond Dispatch by H. Theo[dore] Ellyson, correspondent, mentioning guests and social events and Rockbridge Alum Springs [Rockbridge County], Va., personal correspondence and a few prints.
Memory Book of Mary Ware Galt of Williamsburg containing memorabilia, programs, photographs, souvenirs, correspondence, and ephemera from Williamsburg, Virginia and the Tidewater area, plus from her days as a student at Hampton College (1908-1909) in Hampton, Virginia and Stuart Hall (1909-1910) in Staunton, Virginia.