Collections of programs, pamphlets and other items from the Williamsburg, Virginia area. Biography and photograph of Comer Clarke Jackson, Manager of Casey's Department Store.
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Collection of photographs, newspaper clippings, publications, postcards and other items relating to Williamsburg, Virginia.
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.
Oversize photograph of Williamsburg Colonial Pageant, Griffith, photographer from Newport News, Virginia, 1921. In very poor condition Photograph of the pageant, cut into 7 pieces. One rolled photograph added in 2011, location uncertain in 2022. 2 programmes of the event.
Obituaries and the story of Williamsburg residents Edwin A. Gilley and Comer C. Jackson who died when their car fell through the open draw on the Chickahominy Bridge, undated, obituary of murdered Harry Burleson of James City County in 1922, photograph of woman in a canoe with a note that it might be Virginia Waltrip, Notebook of handwritten stories by Ellsworth Ayers, dated 1909. There are also photographs of students from the Five Forks School.
Collection includes social media posts, music recitals, podcasts, video recordings, digital photographs, self-portraiture, original music compositions, poetry, personal journal entries, and other materials created by members of the William & Mary and the greater Williamsburg community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020.
Future accruals expected.
Two copyprints, made circa 1986, of photographs of Ms. Alice Cooper Elliott's father, Albert Pettigrew Elliott. He was in the class of 1919, at the College of William and Mary. The originals retained by Ms. Elliott. Copies provided by the Educational Media Dept.
Minutes of the Williamsburg Board of Trade, January-June 1908, F.H. Ball, Secretary; print of John Randolph House; program of the SAR (Sons of the American Revolution) at the Randolph-Peachy House, Oct. 16-19, 1931 (printed leaflet).
Fred Frechette's papers which include his Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper articles on Williamsburg, Virginia, photographs and his script and related material on "The Once and Future Camelot" a production given for the Williamsburg Reunion. Material related to his duty as a volunteer fireman and his March 25, 2000 pamphlet "William and Mary Students and the Travis House, Feb. 1, 1943-Feb. 28, 1951."
Collection includes letters, citations, scripts of plays, photographs, slides and videos concerning Rosa Marie Fuller's teaching career and James A. Fuller's employment with the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and his service with the Boy Scouts.
Memory Book of Mary Ware Galt of Williamsburg containing memorabilia, programs, photographs, souvenirs, correspondence, and ephemera from Williamsburg, Virginia and the Tidewater area, plus from her days as a student at Hampton College (1908-1909) in Hampton, Virginia and Stuart Hall (1909-1910) in Staunton, Virginia.
Annual scrapbooks, garden and home tour brochures and schedules, membership lists, slides and a few business records of the Green Spring Garden Club, Inc., located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Items relating to Norge and Williamsburg, Virginia.
"Map of Norway, VA." which belonged to Ellen A. Huckstep. Torn. Undated. Photograph and photocopies of same map.Newspaper article about the founding of Norge. Undated. Photograph of the site of the Capitol and photograph of "Washington's Headquarters."
Records of Hickory Neck Episcopal Church located in Toano, Virginia. Most of the material in this collection is from the Hickory Neck Church with a permanent loan or deposit agreement. Other material is from members of Hickory Neck Church or Williamsburg, Virginia area residents.
Collection includes additions.
Administrative records, programs and working materials for plays, attendance records and financial records of the Jack and Jill Nursery and Kindergarten, operated by Cary Wynne Boelt in Williamsburg, Virginia.
A rough draft inventory and a history of the Jack and Jill Nursery and Kindergarten Records by Frederick W. Boelt are filed at the beginning of the collection.
Collection of aerial photographs of the Jamestown Festival Park, Jamestown Campsites, and Jamestown Boat Arena. They depict various scenery, building projects, and landscape within these areas between 1957 and 1980. Included with the photographs is a copy of a 1936 typescript of the history of Glass Point by J. Luther Kibler and Robert W. Watt. This collection has not been fully processed, please see SCRC staff for assistance.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.