Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities, Yorktown Branch Records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the records of the Yorktown Branch of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA). Included in the collection are minutes, correspondence, treasurer's records, photographs, and scrapbooks.
- Creation: 1921-2013
- Creation: Majority of material found in 1975-2005
- Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities. Yorktown Branch (Organization)
- Hatch, Charles Eldridge, 1913- (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
2.70 Linear Feet
In 2009 the APVA changed it's name to Preservation Virginia.
Acc. 2014.017 accessioned and minimally described by Steven Bookman, University Archives Specialist, in March 2014.
- Guide to the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities, Yorktown Branch Records
- Finding Aid Authors: Special Collections Staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English