Black Education in Williamsburg-James City County, 1619-1984
Scope and Contents
A report sponsored by the Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools and the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities, "Black Education in Williamsburg-James City County, 1619-1984" by Philip D. Morgan, 1985. 1 item. 76 pp.
- Creation: compiled in 1985
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
Philip D. Morgan was the author of "Black Education in Williamsburg-James City County (Va.), 1619-1984.
0.01 Linear Foot
Gift via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association.
Genre / Form
- African Americans--Education--Virginia
- African Americans--Virginia--James City County--History
- African Americans--Virginia--Williamsburg--History
- Education--Virginia--Williamsburg--18th century
- Education--Virginia--Williamsburg--19th century
- Education--Virginia--Williamsburg--20th century
- Guide to the Black Education in Williamsburg-James City County, 1619-1984
- Finding Aid Authors: Anne Johnson.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English