Mason, Stevens Thomson, 1760-1803
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss. 39.2 M38
Scope and Contents Letters, 1779-1792, from George Mason at "Gunston Hall," Fairfax Co., Va. to his son John in Bordeaux, France and to Richard Henry Lee commenting on Maryland's claim to Virginia's western lands; and a political essay, post 24 January 1791 by Mason on representation in Fairfax Co., Va. Includes papers and letters of other members of the Mason and Thomson families, in particular, Stevens Thomson Mason (his will and a letter to James Monroe on Alien and Sedition Laws), Armistead Thomson Mason...
Identifier: Mss. 94 P14
Scope and Contents Correspondence (11 letters) of members of the John Page (1744-1808) family of "Rosewell," Gloucester County, Va. regarding local, national, and international politics, the American Revolution, family news (Lowther and Page families), the semaphore, and fashion. Correspondents include Mann Page, Jr., Margaret (Lowther) Page, John Page, St. George Tucker, Stevens Thomson Mason, David Meade Randolph, Henry Tazewell, Philip (Filippo) Mazzei and George Weedon. Subjects also include John Adams,...
Identifier: 01/Mss. Acc. 2007.110
Scope and Contents This collection contains the correspondence of Leven Powell, James Madison, Charles Leven Powell, Charles Leven Powell, Jr., Selina Powell Hepburn, and others. Recipients include Burr Powell, Cuthbert Powell, Sewell Stavely Hepbron [Hepburn] and others. First 30 years of correspondence is mainly written by or addressed to Leven Powell, detailing his involvement in the Revolutionary War, the Virginia House of Delegates, and the United State Congress, including letters about the Election of...
- Correspondence 2
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 2
- Alien and Sedition laws, 1798 1
- Elections--United States--History 1
- Fairfax County (Va.)--History--18th century 1
- Fairfax County (Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Fashion -- History 1
- Financial records 1
- Gloucester County (Va.)--History 1
- Loudoun County (Va.)--History--18th century 1
- Loudoun County (Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Slavery--Virginia--18th century 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--Politics and government--1775-1809 1
- Virginia--Politics and Government--18th century 1 ∧ less