Chandler, J. A. C. (Julian Alvin Carroll), 1872-1934
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
This is a scrapbook of news clipping about the College of William and Mary and about President Julian Alvin Carroll Chandler. Many of the clippings relate to Chandler's inauguration in 1919 and President Harding's visit to the College.
This collection contains correspondence, news clippings and articles, and certificates from and about the F.H.C. Society at the College of William and Mary. Some of the certificates are for membership in the student group while others were given to College of William and Mary faculty. Also included in the collection is a lecture given by Professor Hans C. von Baeyer about St. George Tucker to the society.
This collection is housed off-site. An advanced notice of at least 48 hours is required for use.
This collection contains the correspondence of William T. Hodges as Professor of Education, Director of Extension, Alumni Secretary, and Chairman of Faculty Committee on Athletics. Correspondents include President J.A.C. Chandler, students, public school officials, and others.
Papers, 1912-1918, of Frank P. McConnell, president of the Manchester National Bank, Richmond, Va. Mostly letters concerning banking, politics, Kappa Alpha fraternity and the Shriners. Correspondents include Joseph M. Brown, Julian Alvin Carroll Chandler, Westmoreland Davis, Stanley Hubert Dent, James Thomas Heflin, John Lamb, John Garland Pollard, Joseph Taylor Robinson, Claude A. Swanson, J. Hoge Tyler, S. Heth Tyler, Oscar Wilder Underwood, and John Skelton Williams.
Photograph, approximately 16 inches by 20 inches of the senior class at Johns Hopkins University in 1896, featuring J. A. C. Chandler. The image includes 9 men, four are sitting and five are standing. They are all wearing graduation caps and gowns.
This collection includes correspondence and financial records about Public Works Administration projects on the campus of William & Mary and the Norfolk Division primarily from 1934-1936. Includes the correspondence of W.A.R. Goodwin, and information about projects regarding the Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre, Marshall-Wythe Hall, Taliaferro Hall, and the Student Activity Building.
- Correspondence 9
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 6
- Reports 3
- Associated and Branch Campuses--Richmond Professional Institute 1
- Athletics 1
- Banks and banking--United States--History--20th century 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Marshall-Wythe Hall 1
- Buildings and Grounds--Taliaferro Hall 1
- Certificates 1
- Charter Day 1
- Class materials 1
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 1
- Education, Higher--Virginia--History 1
- Education--Virginia--History--20th century 1
- Financial records 1
- Freemasonry--Virginia 1
- Graduation (School) 1
- Johns Hopkins University--History 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Microfilms 1
- Photographs 1
- Schools--Virginia--Richmond 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Student Organizations--F.H.C. Society 1
- United States--Politics and government--1865-1933 1
- University of Richmond. Richmond College--History 1
- Visitors to Campus--Queen Elizabeth II (1957) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less