College of William and Mary--Faculty
Found in 36 Collections and/or Records:
Notice from the President and Professors Acknowledging Robert Andrews, Jr. as the College's Attorney
Notice from the President and faculty of William & Mary, acknowledging Robert Andrews, Jr. as the College's attorney. The notice states that he is to receive, in the name of William & Mary, dividends due as of January 1, 1804. The notice is signed by President Bishop James Madison and professors St. George Tucker (law), Robert Andrews (math), and John Bracken (Grammar School). The Temple Seal is affixed to the document.
A portion of this collection is housed off-site. At least 72 hours advanced notice is required for retrieval.
This collection includes files of Charles Marsh, while serving as Dean of the Faculty, and consists of correspondence files with faculty, students, administrators, and departments at William & Mary, Curriculum Committee files, budget files, files on W&M President Alvin Duke Chandler, and a faculty statement regarding athletics and the football scandall of 1951.
A petition from the president and professors of the College of William & Mary to Virginia Chief Justice Paul Carrington and other judges requesting that the case between John Bracken and the College be speedily determined. There is also a note from Bracken consenting to having a verdict decided by the October 1787 court term. The petition is signed by College president Bishop James Madison and John Brakcen and includes the Greek temple form of the Collegte seal.
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 20
- College of William and Mary--Students 15
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 7
- College of William and Mary--History--18th century 4
- College of William and Mary--History--21st century 3
- Abolitionists--Periodicals 1
- African Americans--Virginia--Williamsburg 1
- American poetry--19th century 1
- College of William and Mary--Presidents 1
- College of William and Mary--Students--Social life and customs 1
- Curriculum 1
- Dueling--Virginia 1
- Financial records 1
- Fund raising 1
- Jamestown (Va.) 1
- Legal documents 1
- Liquor traffic--Virginia 1
- Military occupation--Social aspects--Southern States--History--19th century 1
- Scholarly writing 1
- Slavery--United States--Public opnion--History--19th century 1
- Student expulsion 1
- Student housing 1
- Tuition 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Refugees 1
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--18th century 1 ∧ less