Found in 203 Collections and/or Records:
Ledger, 1858, of an unidentified person.
Ledger, 1887, of the Adams Brothers and Payne Building Supplies Company of Lynchburg, Virginia. Includes lists of accounts with various patrons, who primarily purchase timber and spokes for wheels from the company. Also includes information about the status of each account, such as whether or not it is paid in full or still has charges outstanding.
Ledger, 1857-1858, of the Albemarle Female Institute of Charlottesville, Va.
Note: The 1858/59 and 1892/93 printed catalogs of the Albemarle Female Institute are in the Rare Book Collection.
16 letters between members of the Hamilton family, and with the Schuyler and Ludlow families. An envelope with one 4x6 inch ledger sheet, and a 4 inch ledger booklet bound with string.
Ledgers, 1845-1854, of Alfred Parkins, miller of "Friendship Mills," Frederick Mills, Virginia, which contains grist mills accounts. MsV AmiG7 includes an index. According to the 1850 census, most customers lived in Clarke County, Virginia.
Ledgers, 1808-1821, of Amos Johnson, merchant, of Fauquier County, Va. Ledger "b", 1808, also contains loose papers, receipts, and letters, 1859- 1861, belonging to Richard N. Johnson.
Note: Richard N. Johnson Ledger.
Ledger, 1829-1833, of W. L. Arthur, merchant and farmer.
Account book, 1858-1860, used as a journal, 1858, and ledger, 1859-1860, by an unidentified merchant at Parnassus, Augusta County, Va. which was also used for a scrapbook into which were pasted Campbell's Soup advertisements (partially torn out).
Ledger, 1883-1908, of the spending of Virginia apportionment funds and county expenditures for schools in Augusta County, Va.
Ledger, 1841-1861, of B. Davenport & Co., merchants, of Williamsburg, Va. which includes accounts, 1860, with the College of William and Mary and which was used as a scrapbook, 1892-1905, for newspaper clippings of poems and articles; Christmas cards; valentines; advertisements; cigarette cards; and seed catalog covers.
Journal and ledger, 1817-1820, of Bedinger & Forman, millers, Berkeley County, Va. [W. Va.] which contains grist mill accounts, 1817-1820, and includes a copy of the constitution, 1850, of the Altonian Debating Society and minutes of the meetings.
Business ledgers of receipts and expenditures for Dr. Baxter I. Bell for Bell Hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia and one folder of loose business papers (25 items). 1926 to 1970. (Acc. 1995.61 and 1999.11)
Ledger, 1864-1867, of an unknown blacksmith.
Ledger for Booton's Tan Yard in Madison County, Virginia called a "Hide Book." Apparently kept by John M. Blankenbeker, who was also a blacksmith. 94 pages.
Ledgers; 1849-1869; kept in Madison County, Va. by blacksmith John M. Blankenbeker. Six ledgers:
1849-1850, 1851-1854, 1856-1858, 1859-1862, 1860-1863 and 1863-1869.
Ledgers, 1854-1862, kept in Robertson, Madison County, Va. by blacksmith Smith F. Blankenbeker.
Kept as guardian of Edward B. Newburn of Richmond, Va
Ledger, 1898-1908, of Bozarth and Warburton, merchants and lumbermen of Williamsburg, Va. which includes the accounts of a potato brokerage (a business of William A. Bozarth and [?] Savage); and a lumber account, 1901, with the College of William and Mary).
Ledger, 1913-1916, of Bozarth Brothers, merchants, of Williamsburg, Va., including accounts with the College of William and Mary and with Eastern State Hospital.
Ledger, 1910, of William A. Bozarth, lumberman, Williamsburg, Va., including an account, 1910, with the College of William and Mary for a roof and for delivery of coal.
Ledger, 1832-1844, of Carter Braxton, "Brandon," [King William Co.?] Va.
Contains one ledger book of accounts kept by Martin Brimmer, a Boston merchant and apothecary. Listed in the account are names of loyalists later proscribed and banished. Some of the names listed in the ledger include Dr. Benjamin Church, Dr. William Paine, Dr. Charles Russel, Dr. Sylvester Gardiner, and Dr. John Jeffries. There are 89 pages filled with Brimmer's accounts, but the ledger also contains 24 pages of guest names for an unknown New York establishment in 1940.