Box UA Small Collections Oversize Box 1
Contains 8 Results:
Appointment of Edmund Gibson, Bishop of London, as Chancellor of the College of William & Mary, dated April 2, 1729. Written in Latin on parchment, it is signed by James Blair, who was both President of William & Mary and Rector of the Board of Visitors in 1729. The appointment also features the original college seal.
William & Mary alumna, Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy '00 of Florida, made remarks on the official Congressional Record (115th Congress, First Session), recognizing W&M's 325th Birthday. The date is mistaken listed as February 7, 2017, when it was in 2018. The document is the excerpt from the record of her remarks.
10 pencil prints of campus buildings or areas, done by 9 different artists. Each print is the 50th print out of 100 and signed by the artist.
Subjects include the Brafferton, the Wren, streaking across the Sunken Gardens, the Alumni House, Barrett Hall, and the Crim Dell.
House Joint Resolution No. 377 recognizing the hospitality of both William & Mary and the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
A petition from the president and professors of the College of William & Mary to Virginia Chief Justice Paul Carrington and other judges requesting that the case between John Bracken and the College be speedily determined. There is also a note from Bracken consenting to having a verdict decided by the October 1787 court term. The petition is signed by College president Bishop James Madison and John Brakcen and includes the Greek temple form of the Collegte seal.
A pen and ink cartoon drawing (9 1/2" x 14") depicting G. Gregg's impressions of a visit to the College in 1941. Also includes two black and white glossy reproductions of the cartoon ( 4 1/2" x 7" and 2 3/4" x 3 3/4").