Panoramic photograph of the Wren Yard, taken during the Fourth Annual Peninsula School Fair and signed by photographer E.P. [Ellis Parker] Griffith, of Newport News, on 23 April 1915. The wide-angle view shows the pre-restoration Wren Building, original gymnasium (now the site of Ewell Hall), President's House, and the Brafferton porch. Photograph also shows the area now known as Merchant's Square and extant buildings along Richmond Road. Print from negative.
Material included in the Williamsburg Historic Records Association (WHRA).
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Curator of Manuscripts and Rare Books, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
E.P. [Ellis Parker] Griffith was a company photographer for the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company from 1901 until 1948. He died on December 10, 1954.
1 Linear Feet
Purchase with monies from the Leila S.H. Swem Spendable Fund.