This collection includes records related to the Seminar on Colonial Life at the College of William and Mary such as correspondence, publication, press releases, and related material. Howard Fowler was the director of the Seminar on Colonial Life. The subjects of the black and white photographs include buildings within Colonial Williamsburg, including the Wythe House as well as costumed interpreters, Dr. W. A. R. Goodwin, and the Wren Building at William & Mary.
The collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
Harold Lees Fowler was a College of William and Mary faculty member (1934-1977). His appointments: Assistant Professor of History, 1934-1938; Associate Professor of History, 1938-1946; Professor of History, 1946-1975; Professor of History Emeritus, 1974; Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, 1964-1974; Leaves of Absence: 1943-January 1, 1946, 1956-1957. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: .
2.00 Linear Feet
This collection is stored offsite. A minimum notice of 72 hours is required. Please contact staff for assistance.
Records were previously stored in James Blair Attic before being transferred to the University Archives.
Part of the Special Collections Research Center Repository