Copy of James Monroe Land Patent
Two page copy of a land patent issued by James Monroe in 1781 to George Fitzwater in the county of Kanhawa, Virginia when he was Governor of Virginia. The copy is certified by S. H. Parker, Register of the Land office in Richmond dated June 22, 1854.
- Creation: 1854 June 22
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.01 Linear Feet
- Guide to the Copy of James Monroe Land Patent
- Christina R. Luers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English