The collection includes meeting minutes, programs, tickets, student election ballots and broadsides, homecoming items, and other material collected by Ernest W. Goodrich while a student at the College of William and Mary in the early 1930s. The collection also includes correspondence from the Board of Managers of the Alumni Association from the later 1930s when Goodrich was a member. The material from the 1970s-1990s relates to Goodrich's service on the College's Board of Visitors, invitations to official functions and events such as Charter Day, Order of the White Jacket, and class of 1935 reunion material.
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
College of William and Mary student, class of 1935. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: .
Material was housed in a box addressed to Pamela Palmore of Richmond, Virginia.
Buttons and pins (Acc. 2008.167, Acc. 2008.169) distributed at College of William and Mary Homecoming events, an Order of the White Jacket Patch (Acc. 2008.168), and a brown suitcase (Acc. 2008.177) were transferred to the University Archives Artifact Collection in December 2008.
Description added by Amy C. Schindler on 12/11/2008.